having trouble accessing any of the 4 Pi 0 ports

John Hysell

Aug 19, 2021, 2:09:45 PM8/19/21
to ClusterHAT
I just assembled a new 4-node cluster using 4 Pi Zero nodes on a Pi 3B+ master node.
I have tried configuring it with the NAT full and NAT std images. Both boot fine and I can start the 4 Pi Zero nodes and power them off en mass or singly just fine.
However, none of them produce any means of access. lsusb -t produces a list ending with the hub - no ports under the hub. And ifconfig -a does not reveal any net ports for any of the Pi Zero nodes.

Can someone enlighten me as to what I am missing?
thanks much for your time.
-John

John Hysell

Aug 19, 2021, 2:12:29 PM8/19/21
to ClusterHAT
Oh yeah - it's a 2.5 version hat and all 4 Pi Zeros are W models. *Bought the entire kit as one item*

John Hysell

Aug 20, 2021, 4:40:02 PM8/20/21
to ClusterHAT
RESOLVED. I can now access all 4 of the pi zero clients. Seems I needed to start the rpiboot service on the cluster controller. Once I did that, as each pi zero booted, they performed their setup without issue.
-On to the next phase...