Cluster Hat V2.5 fan control with new pins

David Tenney

Feb 15, 2021, 11:07:27 AM2/15/21
to ClusterHAT
I recently purchased the new Cluster Hat V2.5 with a 5V fan but cannot get the fan to stop when the temperature goes below the requested configuration it /boot/config.txt

Cluster Hat V2.5:

Fan for Hat:

Configuration for fan:

I have solders the correct pins and have the fan plugged in which comes on and stays on.

Am I missing something simple or does the 5V pins only keep the fan on all the time?

Thanks!

Chris Burton

Feb 16, 2021, 3:55:52 AM2/16/21
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
Am I missing something simple or does the 5V pins only keep the fan on all the time?

Can you show a picture of the pins you've soldered the fan header to, it should be the 2 pin header closest to the 40 pin header labelled with "+ - fan" on the underside?

Chris.

David Tenney

Feb 16, 2021, 2:11:29 PM2/16/21
to ClusterHAT
Hey Chris,

I figured it out. I was looking for the missing headers to solder news one on, but come to find out the cluster hat already had the headers on the board. I was using the 5V 2 pin header on the opposite side of the board.

I now have the fan turning on and off when the heat reached 75C.

Thanks!