SSH password not working how to start fresh on a Cluster node.

Ramesh Halai

Oct 21, 2023, 5:17:45 AM10/21/23
to ClusterHAT
Good day everyone;

I did a brand new build yesterday on Clusterhat 2.5 in a attempt to speed things up, extracting the files to Px folder was dead slow. I assumed I did something wrong previously and thought why not start again.

Brand new build on Clusterhat - CNAT Desktop controller
Zeros using bullseye image using USB boot
I followed the steps; and the password does not work as set;

Assuming I made a mistake, is there a way to avoid starting again by deleting all files in the /var/lib/clusterctrl/nfs/pX  folder?

Is there also a way to speed this process up, copying from microSD card seems to be a bottleneck; I will try and use a external USB stick later today

Thanks
Ram

Chris Burton

Oct 26, 2023, 3:58:50 AM10/26/23
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
I did a brand new build yesterday on Clusterhat 2.5 in a attempt to speed things up, extracting the files to Px folder was dead slow. I assumed I did something wrong previously and thought why not start again.

Sadly this is the downside to extracting and then writing thousands of small files. The speed of your SD card will also make a difference but remember the advertised write speed doesn't mean much when writing small files.

Brand new build on Clusterhat - CNAT Desktop controller
Zeros using bullseye image using USB boot
I followed the steps; and the password does not work as set;

How long did you wait after turning it on? The Zero will boot a couple of times to set things up and then once it's ready you'll be able to SSH into it (assuming you touched "boot/ssh" and setup the user:password in "boot/userconf.txt". I would advise watching /var/log/kern.log where you should see it restart a couple of times until it settles.

Assuming I made a mistake, is there a way to avoid starting again by deleting all files in the /var/lib/clusterctrl/nfs/pX  folder?

I wouldn't advise it as you don't know what state it's in.

Is there also a way to speed this process up, copying from microSD card seems to be a bottleneck; I will try and use a external USB stick later today

Using USB3 flash/nvm/etc. will most likely be quicker, this is what I use when testing images.

Chris.