Changing I2C port falis on version 2.5

Thomas Wierzbicki

Feb 3, 2024, 7:00:09 AMFeb 3
to ClusterHAT
Hi All,

I soldered XA1 and XA0 as described in the how-to, so I should get I2C address 23. I also changed the corresponding address in clusterctrl to 23.

Red control LED doesn't come up, i2cdetect -a -y 1 doesn't find any device.

Input is welcomed

Thomas

Chris Burton

Feb 3, 2024, 9:08:14 AMFeb 3
to ClusterHAT
I soldered XA1 and XA0 as described in the how-to, so I should get I2C address 23. I also changed the corresponding address in clusterctrl to 23.

Red control LED doesn't come up, i2cdetect -a -y 1 doesn't find any device.

I'd advise checking you haven't got a short on either of the XA0/XA1 solder jumpers as this would short out the 3.3V regulator on the USB hub which powers the I/O Expander which could then prevent the RED power LED from turning on.

Chris.

Thomas Wierzbicki

Feb 3, 2024, 9:54:59 AMFeb 3
to ClusterHAT
Thanks a lot Chris,

please advice, the soldering point looks like an HI. Where should I solder, do i need tu cut the H?

Thomas

Chris Burton

Feb 3, 2024, 10:50:34 AMFeb 3
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
please advice, the soldering point looks like an HI. Where should I solder, do i need tu cut the H?

Yes, the trace on the PCB needs to be cut before bridged to the other pad with solder - I've updated the FAQ article with an image showing which are the high/low pads and the trace you need to cut

Thomas Wierzbicki

Feb 3, 2024, 12:46:08 PMFeb 3
to ClusterHAT
Thanks a lot......:)