New Cluster - periodic functionality

Brian Marsh

Feb 20, 2024, 1:28:48 PMFeb 20
to ClusterHAT
Hi all, I'm running a Raspberry Pi 4 (2GB) with the Clusterhat v2.5 and four Raspberry Pi Zero W boards.

I've been struggling to get it to consistently come up - I'm running Bullseye ClusterCTRL lite with CNAT (the 2023-05-03-4 version).

The board powers up, but I never get the additional network interfaces on the Pi4, and the devices never show up as hanging off the USB hub (with lsusb -t).

Thoughts?

- Brian

Chris Burton

Feb 22, 2024, 3:48:07 AMFeb 22
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
Thoughts?

Do you see the Cluster HAT hub in the "lsusb -t" output ("clusterctrl hub on" / "clusterctrl hub off" should toggle it on/off to see what changes)?

Do you have anything new in /var/log/kern.log after powering on the Pi Zeros?

Chris.

Brian Marsh

Feb 22, 2024, 10:24:20 AMFeb 22
to ClusterHAT
Hi Chris, I actually solved this after working with you on Discord - it didn't look like the post here came through right away.

For anyone in the future, going through the troubleshooting steps https://8086.support/content/23/115/en/troubleshooting-missing-pi-zeros-in-a-clusterhat.html helped immensely.

Turns out, the USB plug for the cluster hat hub wasn't fully seated with the Cluster Hat case. This explains why the lights turned on, but no hub/zeros ever showed up.

Cheers,

Brian