Password reset from Lite Buster image

Chris G

Feb 23, 2022, 5:17:04 PM2/23/22
to ClusterHAT
Hi all,

I setup my Pi hat around a year ago, and has been sitting their working away. While I can login to my Buster image for the controller, I can't remember my password for either of my Pi zero's. Is there a password reset method that wouldn't risk the data? To confirm, I've attempted the default password for 'pi', and all basic passwords I can think of.

Any assistance would be really appreciated!

Thanks
Chris G

Jacob Henderson

Feb 23, 2022, 11:26:26 PM2/23/22
to ClusterHAT
The default password is `clusterctrl`.

Seems like using an external computer with your pi sdcard like this could work.

Chris G

Feb 24, 2022, 12:19:44 PM2/24/22
to ClusterHAT
Thanks for the quick response. I've attempted the default password. Will give that a shot and see if it works tonight, if I can find a SD card reader

Chris G

Feb 25, 2022, 4:26:53 AM2/25/22
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
I have tried it, although seems like the USB doesn't allow keyboard to work on it. Is there a work around to getting the keyboard to work? Have tried 4 different keyboards, and I know the dongle works. Is the USB locked by the hat?

Chris Burton

Feb 26, 2022, 5:00:54 AM2/26/22
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
I have tried it, although seems like the USB doesn't allow keyboard to work on it. Is there a work around to getting the keyboard to work? Have tried 4 different keyboards, and I know the dongle works. Is the USB locked by the hat?

The USB controller would be configured as a peripheral for the pX images so you'd also need to edit config.txt file and comment out the  "dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=peripheral" line (put a # at the start) and then revert the change once you've reset the password.

Chris.