Lakeport got the funding to develop Natural High....

Carol Cole-Lewis

Feb 26, 2020, 12:17:06 PM2/26/20
to Clear Lake Scullers

Well, what do you know. Looks like the state awarded the money to Lakeport to develop Natural High.

What do we need to do to make sure our boat yard remains there? I intended to go to City Hall and check on the plans - if anyone gets there before me, can you report back the results of your meeting with the City to the group?
Peace,
Carol

Carol Cole-Lewis

Tel: (707) 413-0044
Want solar? Learn how to buy solar with confidence. Watch free training video now. No signup required.

Virginia Cerenio

Feb 26, 2020, 12:30:31 PM2/26/20
to Carol Cole-Lewis, Clear Lake Scullers
Mireya will know

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 26, 2020, at 9:16 AM, Carol Cole-Lewis <carol.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, what do you know. Looks like the state awarded the money to Lakeport
> <http://lakeconews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64496:state-awards-city-of-lakeport-5-9-million-for-lakefront-park-project&catid=70:news>

Debra Heckert

Feb 26, 2020, 12:31:21 PM2/26/20
to Carol Cole-Lewis, Clear Lake Scullers
This is terrible news, in my opinion.  The proposed site plan I saw was the most disjointed, misguided imaginable; as if it were designed for a field in the middle of Kansas, rather than this exquisite lake-side location.

I certainly hope the original plan can be tweaked and will contact the new head of the Main Street group to discuss.

Debra
Debra

Carol Cole-Lewis

Feb 26, 2020, 8:46:27 PM2/26/20
to Clear Lake Scullers
Hi!

I stopped by the City of Lakeport today and spoke with Kevin (the project manager) and Margaret (the City Manager). They showed me the final design (attached). The area in light blue "area for potential future boat house" in lower right corner is for us. I hope it's enough room - I got the feeling they would be able to work with us on the sizing when the time came. The design is much better than I thought with plenty of open space. They don't expect to get started with any construction for at least another year. They will be in touch with us when they are ready for our involvement.

naturalhigh.jpg
Peace,
Carol

Carol Cole-Lewis

Tel: (707) 413-0044
Want solar? Learn how to buy solar with confidence. Watch free training video now. No signup required.

Mike Sullivan

Feb 26, 2020, 10:55:57 PM2/26/20
to Clear Lake Scullers, Carol Cole-Lewis
Well, this is good news.   We're on the plan.   Whatever I think about the park is immaterial now.  I've been trying to have an aquatic center included in the general plan for a couple decades.

The back and forth between city and school district about whether we could build, etc,  that I'd had years ago seems to not be an issue.

At a glance, the blue area doesn't seem to be enough, but between the planned road and the blue area includes enough space I think.    Puts us closer to the water than we are now.

Thanks Carol.

Pam Harpster

lisa wiley

Feb 27, 2020, 2:41:24 PM2/27/20
to carol.co...@gmail.com, Clear Lake Scullers
This is great !

Debra Heckert

Feb 27, 2020, 3:02:31 PM2/27/20
to dreamj...@yahoo.com, Clear Lake Scullers, carol.co...@gmail.com
Well, that is good news!

--
Debra

gal...@arlov.com

Feb 28, 2020, 6:51:51 PM2/28/20
to Mike Sullivan, Mike Sullivan' via Clear Lake Scullers, Carol Cole-Lewis
Can we post this on the Facebook page! This is exciting!