Another big move

Mike Sullivan

Jan 17, 2023, 8:52:11 PM1/17/23
to Clear Lake Scullers
Scullers

I hope you are enjoying the new year,   looks like we'll have enough water to row on this year.   Launching on the rocky beach this summer was brutal.

I got a call from Jim Kennedy at City of Lakeport.   They have found funding to demolish the Natural High building.   We moved to our current location because we thought it would be many years before that building would come down,  and we could move back to our previous spot by the time they did.

We can move temporarily to the city lot next door to where we are.   We still have a spot reserved in the park for when we put together a facility plan that fits the site.

I have no idea where, I think it would be worthwhile for some of you to walk the site and get an idea of what might work.

The time frame is March/April.    I might be able to get away from my coaching job for a couple days in March to drive the move while kids are in finals.

If you walk the spot,  maybe you can get Jim to join you to come up with an exact site.

Launching will be more difficult off the top of my head, but I don't know.

Feel free to email or call with ideas.

Sully

Carol Cole-Lewis

Jan 17, 2023, 9:01:37 PM1/17/23
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
Hi, Mike

I usually park in that lot when I row. It will be a bit more challenging to launch from there, though not impossible for singles.

I can be available to help with the move if given enough notice.

I'll be glad when we get the new space in the completed park!

Carol

BONNIE TRINGALI

Jan 17, 2023, 9:36:27 PM1/17/23
to Carol Cole-Lewis, Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
I can help too, depending on the date.
-Bonnie

Sent from my iPad

cathiscogin

Jan 17, 2023, 10:19:15 PM1/17/23
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
I too, can assist with the move!

Lily Barry

Jan 18, 2023, 12:39:57 PM1/18/23
to Clear Lake Scullers, Mike Sullivan
Hi all,
    I, too, may be able to lend a hand, depending on the date. Not available to scout it out until March, and doubt I'd be very good at that.
    That said, the Scullers were on my mind when I woke up this morning, before I got the emails. Miss you all and miss the lake, looking forward to reconnecting!
Be well,
Lily

David Granicher

Jan 26, 2023, 10:37:27 PM1/26/23
to Lily Barry, Clear Lake Scullers, Mike Sullivan
Hi,

I should be able to help with the move. I might have a friend or two who can help as well.

David