How many invites will we need?

1 view

Cindy

Feb 28, 2008, 2:36:59 PM2/28/08
to Cloverleaf1988Reunion
60? 100?

I was thinking as far as print material we should/could have:

1) a letter from the Reunion Committee to send with the invite. This
will basically encourage them to come and tell them about the work we
have been doing.

2) Invite

3) Program for Reunion weekend with maps to events

4) Tickets for event (A bonus item, we could just have the name on a
list that we check off as they arrive but tickets would be kinda
professional and cool)

5) Reminder postcard

6) Name tags and or buttons (I found a company online that will scan
our yearbook photos and turn them into buttons or stickers with the
attendees 1988 photo and name on it. This is cool, but it is obviously
an extra. The price was about $2 a button. A little pricey but a nice
memento too.)

7) Memory book

I think we can do all this fairly cheap but I wanted to get a little
input on this.

As far as the invites, my first two design thoughts are simple. One
idea is a standard "wedding type" invite with the Cloverleaf logo
(either the Colt or the Leaf) on top. This could be done for under $1
or right at $1 an invite, it would have foil or green edges and
accents on heavy card stock it comes with liners/envelopes /ect. The
other idea is a photo card with the HS at the top, this I haven't
priced out but perhaps this is something Bill could do on the cheap?

Thoughts?

Thanks for the replies about the HS and reunion photos, those of you
who have some if you could either forward them to me or post them here
that would be helpful.

Thanks!
Cindy

Cindy Zawadzki

Feb 28, 2008, 3:02:59 PM2/28/08
to cloverleaf...@googlegroups.com
I forgot - We also need RSVP cards with the invite. While I was
looking around online, I saw that instead of creating a Reminder
postcard, we could send a Reminder Magnet with the original invite or
with the "tickets/program". This would also be cool and kinda
professional but would cost about $1 an person.

-Cindy

Andie

Feb 28, 2008, 3:21:20 PM2/28/08
to Cloverleaf1988Reunion
All of the enclosures sound like a good idea. The name tags we can do
ourselves if cost is a factor (just get basic kit from Staples store),
but the pictures wouldn't be scanned on them & they won't look as
nice. I like the ticket idea - it would be a keepsake, too, if we
tear it & hand it back (not sure if that's the kind of tix you mean).
I like the green foil paper "wedding invite" idea. Simple, clear cut,
and it will look cool. Programs will keep everything on track for the
weekend, too (another keepsake).

Does the questionnaire go with the invite? and are we able to have
one up here to answer online? I think a lot more people would answer
that if it's here & easy to fill out. Otherwise it will get thrown in
the stack of stuff, waiting for the last minute.

great ideas, cindy!

Andie (metz)

Martin Carl H TSgt 377 SVS/SVMP

Feb 28, 2008, 3:34:25 PM2/28/08
to cloverleaf...@googlegroups.com
I think I can help with some great invites, RSVP cards, save the date
cards (save date cards also) even menu cards if you would like. Who
should I send these to?

Carl H. Martin, TSgt, USAF
NCOIC, Kirtland AFB Fitness Centers
505-846-1073
DSN 246-1073

Cindy Zawadzki

Feb 28, 2008, 3:51:19 PM2/28/08
to cloverleaf...@googlegroups.com
I found a place where we could do the Save the Date magnets for
cheap, they are just a standard design but would only cost $20 for 50
of them.

At that price it might be worth it.

The button thing is cool but they also do ALL of the scanning for
you. We could do the scanning (if someone has a scanner) and still do
it on the cheap but it would take time. If we could swing the cost,
I think it would make sense to have them put together by an outside
source. It seems kinda labor intensive, but - I've never done this
kinda thing before.

I'd like to be able say "We have x $ amount for printing" and then
get everything printed within that budget. So, any ideas on number
of invites needed? I could work up a few rough cost estimates with
different options and then if Bills guy can beat it - we'll just
send it out to Bill. if not, there are some pretty *cheap and nice*
things we can do with these online print companies that I've been
browsing. I'd also like to work on everything at once so it all matches.

-Cindy

OnTheFas...@aol.com

Feb 28, 2008, 3:41:02 PM2/28/08
to cloverleaf...@googlegroups.com
Good ideas Cindy...as for the answer to the survey, Rick Eichelberger is going to work on it and post it online.  In addition to that we will include a paper copy for those who may not have internet access or be computer challenged.  Cindy, as for the other ideas, please coordinate with Stacey Hartwig and let's make some it happen, sooner than later.  I can get 4-color printing done under $60 for more copies of an invite than we would need.  It depends on what style do we want.  The standard classy invite or the more modern postcard style.  But we need to make a decision ASAP.

Bill

Stacey Hartwig

Feb 28, 2008, 3:56:41 PM2/28/08
to cloverleaf...@googlegroups.com
Cindy - I'll call you tonight. How late can I call?

Stacey (Evanish)

Martin Carl H TSgt 377 SVS/SVMP

Feb 28, 2008, 4:43:42 PM2/28/08
to cloverleaf...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

I sent you Templates of Invite, Save Date card, and Program that I used
for the Base Commanders engagements; I hope they are of use.

Carl H. Martin,

Feb 28, 2008, 4:53:10 PM2/28/08
to cloverleaf...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Carl!  I will pass them along.