Cloud Computing Use Case White Paper – Proposed TOC for Service Level Agreements

Drussell4881

Mar 16, 2010, 7:49:31 AM3/16/10
to Cloud Storage
Based on the excellent discussion to date on Service Level Agreements
(SLAs), it makes sense to not delay any further on this topic as part
of the Cloud Computing Use Cases White Paper (http://groups.google.com/
group/cloud-computing-use-cases).

Service Level Agreements and their importance will vary based on the
significance of the data and processes operating in the cloud and the
potential ramifications to the well being of the business.

A proposed Table of Contents has been posted at http://su.pr/1JXjHX

An example of some of the topic headings are:

1 - What is a SLA?

2 - Does a SLA apply to all types of Clouds?

3 - What is a Service Level Objective?

4 - What are the criteria for a SLA?

5 - When should a SLA be negotiated?

6 - What are the categories of a SLA?

7 - What are considerations for declaring non-performance of the SLA?

8 - What are considerations for terminating a SLA?

This section of the white paper will illustrate the importance of
Service Level Agreements. If a business takes the steps to document
and gain agreement to what is needed to meet their business needs, the
risk of running services in the cloud is significantly reduced.

We look forward to your continued input as we ready this topic as one
of the next topics for the Cloud Computing Use Cases White Paper.
In order to consolidate all your excellent comments, please post to
http://su.pr/1JXjHX.

Thanks

Dave