[cloudstorage:87] Press Release: TwinStrata Unveils Cloud Storage Enablement Strategy

Rob

Apr 20, 2010, 4:57:59 PM4/20/10
to Cloud Storage
PRESS RELEASE

Media Contact
Kelly Murray
978.660.1716
ke...@twinstrata.com

TwinStrata Unveils Cloud Storage Enablement Strategy
TwinStrata part of the EMC Velocity Atmos Partner Program enabling
Intelligent Storage Clouds

New York City - Cloud Expo - April 20, 2010 - TwinStrata, Inc.,
founded in 2007, debuts today with its vision for intelligent storage
cloud solutions. Taking an innovative approach, the company is
bringing to market cloud storage enablement software solutions to help
mid-sized companies in a variety of industries address challenges
related to protecting and managing the growth of business application
data.

Operational Challenges of Data Management

Today's IT data management teams are tasked with selecting solutions
that maintain the integrity and availability of data, especially
higher value data related to business critical applications. Storage-
related solutions need to easily and quickly scale to accommodate
future data growth and not require capital intensive upgrades when
capacity limits are reached. They must support multiple data formats
for all types of business applications. In addition, companies should
understand the impact an application outage will have on each line-of-
business or on the company as a whole in order to implement
appropriate data recovery operations.

Cloud Technology Ecosystems

To help companies achieve business agility and efficiency, IT
alignment and cost management, several ecosystems started by industry-
leading vendors have emerged. EMC with its EMC Atmos Velocity Program
and Amazon with its Amazon Web Services are each an example of an
ecosystem of solution providers developing cloud enablement solutions
that leverage their respective cloud services. These ecosystems will
have a significant impact on storage cloud adoption.

Corporations using solutions from these ecosystems benefit from the
cloud. They can now instantly respond to changing business
requirements by taking advantage of an adaptable infrastructure and
adding resources as needed. Storage cloud infrastructures eliminate
lengthy change management cycles when bringing new storage
infrastructure online and optimize IT administrative processes to
drive efficiency and improve staff productivity.

“Cloud enablement solutions, like the one TwinStrata offers, will help
accelerate corporate cloud storage adoption,” said Terri McClure, a
senior analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. “Companies can realize
the availability, security and performance characteristics of local
storage, without the capital investment and overhead of housing and
managing storage themselves.”

“TwinStrata is working with customers around the world and with
industry-leading global technology companies to define and develop
intelligent storage cloud architectures and solutions,” said
TwinStrata CEO & Co-Founder Nicos Vekiarides.

"The EMC Velocity2 Atmos Partner Program demonstrates our commitment
to deliver innovative storage solutions that address the growing needs
of our partners seeking to leverage cloud infrastructure. We believe
there is an opportunity and approach to cloud storage that delivers
financial and functional benefits to both our Partners and the
Customers they serve," said Mike Feinberg, Senior Vice President of
EMC Cloud Infrastructure Group. “By making our cloud infrastructure
accessible and allowing easy API integration, we enable our partners
to develop cloud enablement solutions to help customers realize
business agility, drive IT operational efficiency, and improve cost
controls. We are pleased to work with TwinStrata to embrace and
deliver real-world business value to our joint customers, globally."

Intelligent Storage Cloud, Cloud Enablement Solutions

Intelligent storage clouds consist of storage-as-a-service offerings
combined with intelligent cloud storage enablement solutions. Cloud
storage enablement solutions address the primary concerns that users
have expressed regarding enterprise IT adoption of cloud storage
solutions and deliver the following features:

* Compute Anywhere™ application accessibility: on/off-premise, in
the cloud
* Non-disruptive integration with business applications
* Support for all industry file systems and block-level access
* Intelligent caching architecture that delivers local performance
* Support for virtual and physical IT environments
* Ease of deployment, ability to manage in self-service manner via
UI, CLI and API
* Local and cloud data copies, zero-footprint snapshots
* Encryption for security
* Bandwidth savings via caching, compression, deduplication
* Support for multiple cloud providers, with data mobility across
providers
* Support for providers that offer SLAs for regulatory &
compliance requirements

Tags / Keywords:

TwinStrata, Intelligent Storage Cloud, Cloud Enablement Solutions,
Ecosystem, Manage Business Application Data, Compute Anywhere
Application Accessibility, “Secure, Anywhere, Anytime Application
Accessibility”

About TwinStrata, Inc.

TwinStrata is a pioneer in the Cloud Storage Enablement (CSE) market
with the industry’s first purpose-built architecture and software
solution to enable Intelligent Storage Clouds (ISC). ISC deliver
simple, affordable and secure storage solutions to enterprise
environments. TwinStrata’s solutions address the business need for on-
demand IT services, providing new levels of business agility,
efficiency, IT alignment and cost management for protecting and
managing the growth of business application data. For more information
about TwinStrata, please visit http://www.twinstrata.com

© 2010. TwinStrata, Inc. All rights reserved. TwinStrata and the
TwinStrata logo are registered trademarks of TwinStrata, Inc.,
“Compute Anywhere”, “Secure, anywhere, anytime application
accessibility”, “Enabling the Intelligent Storage Cloud”, are either
trademarks or registered trademarks of TwinStrata, Inc. All other
brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of
their respective holders.

© 2007 – 2010 TwinStrata, Inc. 2010.04.20

###