Pausing and Resuming Simulation using Listeners

已查看 3 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Remesh Abhijith

未读,
2021年9月15日 14:30:112021/9/15
收件人 CloudSim Plus: Cloud Simulation Framework
Hello,

I am a researcher working to model a large scale infrastructure in CloudSim Plus where I am planning to run parallel workloads as the cloudlets.

I am trying to pause, then do some operation and then resume the simulation using listeners. When I am pausing and resuming the simulation with a small interval with less system configurations ( less number of cloudlets, less VM/Host specifications), the simulation is getting paused as expected and the desired operations are carried out.

But, when I increase the pause interval or increase the system configs (increase the cloudlets (20,000), increase the Host/VM specs), the simulation is not getting paused. I don't see the pause information in the logs.

Is there any setting/parameter I am missing out to configure ?

Can you please shed me some lights on this ?

Prof. Manoel Campos

未读,
2021年9月21日 10:26:032021/9/21
收件人 clouds...@googlegroups.com
Helo Remesh,

Check the entire logs to see if there are any warnings or errors.
I don't know if you have a datacenter scheduling interval set, but it's possible that your pause event is being missed.
I would try to make the pause interval a multiple of the scheduling interval.

Keep me updated and I'll try to help.

Manoel Campos da Silva Filho Software Engineer

Computer Science and Engineering Ph.D. Student at University of Beira Interior (Portugal)

Professor at Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Tocantins (Brazil)

http://manoelcampos.com

 about.me

--
If you received an answer that worked for you, please be kind and reply to let everybody knows it worked.
http://cloudsimplus.org

Remesh Abhijith

未读,
2021年9月21日 11:19:302021/9/21
收件人 clouds...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yes, I have also tried setting datacenter scheduling interval. In my case, when I am giving the cloudlet count around 20k, and then when I pause the simulation every 1800s or 3600s using clock listener, I arrive at this situation where I am not able to see the pause logs.

However, Would the simulation be actually pausing at intended interval, even if the pause logs are being missed ?

If you received an answer that worked for you, please be kind and reply to let everybody knows it worked.
http://cloudsimplus.org
---

Prof. Manoel Campos

未读,
2021年9月21日 12:57:152021/9/21
收件人 clouds...@googlegroups.com
Unless you have disabled some logs, they should be shown. Try to create a minimal example reproducing the problem an open an issue on GitHub that I check it later.

If you received an answer that worked for you, please be kind and reply to let everybody knows it worked.
http://cloudsimplus.org
---

If you received an answer that worked for you, please be kind and reply to let everybody knows it worked.
http://cloudsimplus.org
---
回复全部
回复作者