several pause and resume after simulation start

Hossein Azari

Jun 9, 2023, 10:57:50 AM6/9/23
to CloudSim Plus: Cloud Simulation Framework
Hello sir

In my research, I need the simulator to pause and resume several times during its execution. It means that, after simulation.start, simulation.pause and simulation.resume occur several times
How is this possible?

A brief description of my research:

The topic of my research is about the scheduling of real-time jobs in the cloud environment.
I use CloudSim Plus to simulate the cloud environment, the jobs arrive in the simulator in real time and without any preconceived notions about their arrival time. The arrival time of the jobs is controlled by the Poisson distribution function.
The working process in my research is that when a job arrives, the simulator must be paused, then, the information of all the jobs that have been in the simulator up to this moment should be checked (for example: the execution time of those jobs (if executed) and...).
after that, these informations and the new job is given to my scheduler, the scheduler determines to which virtual machine the new job should be assigned.
after assigning that job to that virtual machine, The simulator will resume and continue to work, until a new job is entered again and the simulator is paused again and all the above steps are repeated.

It should be noted that the job arrival time is not based on system time and corresponds to the simulator time.
That is, for example, at time 100 when the jobs are running on the virtual machines in the simulator, a new job is entered, and for example at time 300 (in the time unit of the simulator) when the simulator is running, a number of other jobs are entered and ..