asking about Ant Colony Optimization for CloudSim Plus

zaki makarim

Mar 25, 2018, 3:58:17 AM3/25/18
to CloudSim Plus
Anyone can help how to implement Ant Colony Optimization for CloudSim Plus??

Alexander Olsson

Mar 25, 2018, 6:01:28 PM3/25/18
to CloudSim Plus
I am looking into this too. I have been looking into the testbed supplied with CloudSim Plus. There is the heuristics testbed.  There are two files, DataCenterBrokerHeuristicExperiment.java and DataCenterBrokerHeuristicRunner.java which I've been thinking about using as template. The experiment supplied is using Simulated Annealing.

But I would like to know, too, exactly what files do I need to implement for Ant Colony to work? This project may be a little out of my reach since I am a beginner at CloudSim, but I would also like some help to point me in the right direction and where to go.

Manoel Campos

Mar 26, 2018, 5:57:09 AM3/26/18
to clouds...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

As Alexander mentioned, there is an testbed that uses the Simulated Annealing (SA) heuristic to map Cloudlets to VMs.
ACO is another kind of heuristic that can be used for different purposes.
I used SA to map Cloudlets to VMs, but it could be used for different goals such as VM placement or VM migration.
The same is true for ACO.

This way, I'm not able to answer your questions if you don't give information about your goals.

Manoel Campos da Silva Filho Software Engineer

Computer Science and Engineering Ph.D. Student at University of Beira Interior (Portugal)

Professor at Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Tocantins (Brazil)

http://manoelcampos.com

 about.me

--
http://cloudsimplus.org
---

Alexander Olsson

Manoel Campos

Mar 26, 2018, 9:48:07 PM3/26/18
to clouds...@googlegroups.com
If your goal is the same as the provided testbed, you have all the CloudSim Plus specific code to implement your algorithm.
The package org.cloudsimplus.heuristics have the classes and interfaces that you need to use as base.
To implement the ACO, you can extend the HeuristicAbstract. The SimulatedAnnealing class does exactly this and you can base your implementation on it.
After implementing your ACO class, you can create simulations using the DatacenterBrokerHeuristic, so that you
can link a ACO instance to the brokers.

The DatacenterBrokerHeuristicExample shows a simplified example of using Simulated Annealing
with the DatacenterBrokerHeuristic. It may be easier to start studying such example.
But in order to implement you ACO, you probaly need to deep dive into the org.cloudsimplus.heuristics package
documentation. Classes and interfaces in this package are clean and very well documented.

I've just performed some refactorings in the org.cloudsimplus.heuristics package. So update your fork.
If you have any specific questions, I may try to help you.

Manoel Campos da Silva Filho Software Engineer

Computer Science and Engineering Ph.D. Student at University of Beira Interior (Portugal)

Professor at Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Tocantins (Brazil)

http://manoelcampos.com

 about.me

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/cloudsim-plus.

zaki makarim

Apr 7, 2018, 5:45:37 AM4/7/18
to CloudSim Plus
Thank you sir. already answered my question. I want to implement ACO in cloudsim plus for my last course. Because I cant implement it. And I would be very happy and grateful if you would like to share me your source code of that work.

zaki makarim

Apr 7, 2018, 6:43:06 AM4/7/18
to CloudSim Plus
hi Alexander olsson.  Iam Zaki Students from Indonesia can we work together to solve this problem? because this is for the final assignment on my campus. I hope you are willing to cooperate with me. Can I request your email address?

Alivia Ghosh

Jan 11, 2022, 2:56:38 AM1/11/22
to CloudSim Plus: Cloud Simulation Framework

Hi everyone, I am trying to implement a bio inspired algorithm for virtual machine allocation. ( not in power labs). can anyone guide me on how to do that? its for my final year project.