Query about workload planet lab

Bua

Nov 19, 2012, 2:20:42 PM11/19/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   Can anyone tell me what is the "workload planet lab" all about? The files contain values but to me it is not clear that whether they are work arrival rate to the system or something else. Light on this "dark side" is very appreciable.

Cheers
Bua

Neda Maleki

Nov 19, 2012, 3:06:39 PM11/19/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bua
These numbers are cpu utilization that are monitored every 5 seconds for one vm. they have done expriments with these real workloads, under 800 hosts and in each scenario with various number of VMs eg:1033 or 1200 or ..., so u can see in each workload, number of files according to number of VMs. each file equal to one vm utilization. eg: workload 20110304 , has 1033 files ,in each file u can see 288 instances coz: 5minutes*288=24 hours.(they have done each expriment for one day=24 hours)
 hope help u
Regards
Neda

Bua

ajithex

Nov 20, 2012, 2:38:10 AM11/20/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hey Neda,

in LrrRs. java its mention
String vmAllocationPolicy = "lrr"; who this "lrr" is call here

sabbir.hasan.47

Nov 20, 2012, 3:45:48 AM11/20/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com

lrr means local regression robust, this is a technique to find the overload detection and is written extending the powervmallocationpolicymigrationlocalregression class.you can understand detail once you read the paper “optimal online deterministic algorithm and adaptive heuristics for energy and performance efficient dynamic consolidation of vms in cloud data center by Anton Beloglazov”. Cheers

regards
sabbir hasan

Sent from Samsung Mobile

ajithex

Nov 20, 2012, 7:45:51 AM11/20/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com, sabbir.hasan.47
What is the purpose
public final static int[] VM_MIPS = { 2500, 2000, 1000, 500 };
it means VM are in heterogeneous.

Badis Hammi

Jan 14, 2013, 4:38:12 AM1/14/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com, sabbir.hasan.47
 Hi,
Please, can any one tell me where can I find all about the "PlanetLab workload" (what type of VM monitored, what applications they run, ..)
thank you for help and have a good one.

badis.

Badis Hammi

Jan 14, 2013, 4:53:43 AM1/14/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com, sabbir.hasan.47, clou...@googlegroups.com

s15rahm...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2018, 11:20:21 AM1/4/18
to cloudsim
Hi Badis:
it is my question too, if it is possible for you please help me.
regards