Regarding iFogSim Query

engrsalm...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2023, 3:01:48 PM4/18/23
to cloudsim
Dear Research Community,
Regarding the published article in 2017 "iFogSim: A toolkit for modeling and simulation of resource management techniques in the Internet of Things, Edge and Fog computing environments", "Simulating Fog Computing Applications using iFogSim Toolkit". I have read the article many times to understand a few things that my PhD supervisor also wants to know.
The questions which I want to know from you as the scientist of cloud/fog/edge computing paradigm and resource management techniques and you must know the internal mechanism of each and every thing regarding iFogSim toolkits.
Q1) What are the nature of tasks/tuples in iFogSim generates?
Q2) What values are given to these tasks/tuples, Who assign these values and why??
Q3) What kind of computation is performed when these tasks/tuples arrive at fog nodes, here the computation means either the tasks values are compared with fog MIPS or it is either mathematically added, subtracted, multiplied, or divided from fog nodes MIPS to get processed??
Question 3 is most important to know for me and my supervisor is very much concerned about it.
I will be very much thankful if you release my worriedness and tension.

Best Regards
Salman Khan (PhD Scholar)