Introducing a new CloudSim-based GUI tool: CloudReports

Rodrigo Calheiros

May 7, 2012, 9:39:40 PM5/7/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Let me introduce a GUI tool based on CloudSim that has been developed
by a team of collaborators.

CloudReports is a graphic tool that simulates distributed computing
environments based on the Cloud Computing paradigm. It uses CloudSim
as its simulation engine and provides an easy-to-use user interface,
report generation features and creation of extensions in a plugin
fashion.

The application simulates an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
provider with an arbitrary number of datacenters. Each datacenter is
entirely customizable. The user can easily set the amount of
computational nodes (hosts) and their resource configuration, which
includes processing capacity, amount of RAM, available bandwidth,
power consumption and scheduling algorithms.

The customers of the IaaS provider are also simulated and entirely
customizable. The user can set the number of virtual machines each
customer owns, a broker responsible for allocating these virtual
machines and resource consumption algorithms. Each virtual machine has
its own configuration that consists of its hypervisor, image size,
scheduling algorithms for tasks (here known as cloudlets) and required
processing capacity, RAM and bandwidth.

Additionally, CloudReports generates HTML reports of each simulation
and raw data files that can be easily imported by third-party
applications such as Octave or MATLAB.

Further information on the tool, and its download, is available via github in:

https://github.com/thiagotts/CloudReports

Questions, suggestions, and comments should be directed directly to
the project's authors, via github.

Regards,
Rodrigo

pragya agarwal

May 7, 2012, 11:48:22 PM5/7/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
How is it different from cloudAnalyst?

ajithex

May 8, 2012, 2:06:39 AM5/8/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Some error comes while import in IDE. Can you tell some step.
A small ppt tutorial will be very helpful

verma_...@yahoo.com

May 8, 2012, 4:32:50 AM5/8/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
can you please tell step by step how to use this in eclipse?

 Thanks & Regards,

AMANDEEP VERMA
Asst. Professor (IT)
U.I.E.T,
Panjab University, Chandigarh

Thiago Sá

May 8, 2012, 6:33:45 AM5/8/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I just merged an update provided by Alessandro Leite that makes it easier to compile the project using Eclipse.
As soon as some minor issues are resolved, a binary version will be available in the downloads section.

Regards,

--
Thiago Sá

Abdelklader EL MAHDAOUY

May 8, 2012, 7:21:39 AM5/8/12
to cloudsim
Hi,
excuse me to post this question here,
I want to know how the execution time and the response time in
CloudAnalyst of cloudlet are calculated knowing that the VMs have
different capacities expressed in MIPS.
logically an MV which has a number of MIPS largest execute the
Cloudlet in a minimum time. is that this statement is true?

On 8 mai, 01:39, Rodrigo Calheiros <rodrigo.calhei...@gmail.com>

Thiago Sá

May 9, 2012, 9:08:47 AM5/9/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com

The main differences between CloudReports and CloudAnalyst is that CloudAnalyst, as far as I am concerned, was designed with some specific goals. The main goal is to simulate applications that are deployed among several datacenters and user groups that use these applications. You can find more information about this reading this paper: http://www.cloudbus.org/reports/CloudAnalyst2009.pdf . Furthermore, CloudAnalyst uses an earlier version of CloudSim, and I am not sure about its compatibility with the latest versions.

CloudReportsis is a very generic tool that was built having extensibility and usability as major concerns. You can use almost every feature that CloudSim provides and create extensions to simulate your own algorithms without the need to change CloudReports' code. Some other features are: run several simulations at once and generate specific reports for each of them, HTML reports that can be easily  managed and generation of raw data files that can be imported by some advanced tools like MATLAB and Octave. Additionally, CloudReports is using the latest version of CloudSim.

Soon we'll provide wiki pages with basic guidelines about development of extesions and how to export simulation data to third-party applications.

I'll let you know when this information is available.

--
Thiago Sá

dharmendra chouhan

May 10, 2012, 5:39:33 AM5/10/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
How to install CloudSim  GUI in windows because i am working with windows with eclipse IDE.
Kindly let me know the steps.

Thanks and Regards
Dharma

Alessandro Leite

May 10, 2012, 9:11:36 AM5/10/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Dharma,

The execution in Windows is similitar to Linux.

Open the terminal (Start --> run --> cmd)

goto the CloudReports directory and execute

   java -jar CloudReports.jar

or with a double click in the  CloudReports.jar

Vipin Vishvkarma

May 10, 2012, 9:28:05 AM5/10/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello CloudSim Team,

In the experiment using NetworkCloudSim, for showing the effect of

resource allocation you used two different scheduling policies: Random-
NonOverlap and Random-Overlap. But in NetworkCloudSim code i found
that only Random-NonOverlap policy is implemented.
Please guide how to use this Random-Overlap scheduling policy.

Sorry for spamming in this thread.

Thanks in Advance,
Vipin
--
Regards,
Vipin

Thiago Sá

May 10, 2012, 10:00:42 AM5/10/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

A wiki page describing the basic steps to develop an extensions is available at: https://github.com/thiagotts/CloudReports/wiki/Developing-extensions

Regards,
--
Thiago Sá

Gustavo Lacerda

May 10, 2012, 7:07:34 PM5/10/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thiago,
I want to know where i can find some documentation of raw data files.
I imported in Matlab raw data file, but i don't know What each column represents
--
Atenciosamente,

Gustavo Lacerda
31-88047420

Kannan Govindarajan

May 11, 2012, 12:17:26 AM5/11/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thiago and Cloudsim group friends,

Greetings. For past two days i have tried and successfully installed the CloudReports. Really it is working in an amazing manner. Thanks a lot for the contribution and it is very much helpful for the researchers.

Thank you so much.

with thanks and regards,
G.Kannan.
--
G.Kannan,
Research Associate,

dharmendra chouhan

May 11, 2012, 5:15:34 AM5/11/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alessandro,

 I have downloaded thiagotts-CloudReports-8d90551 but in that i am not finding CloudReports.jar file.

 Is it right folder ?

Thanks and Regards
Dharma

san

May 11, 2012, 5:21:49 AM5/11/12
to cloudsim
Same here didnt find any CloudReports.jar file

Kannan Govindarajan

May 11, 2012, 5:36:09 AM5/11/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
you just unzip the file and just follow the read me file in the unzipped folder.

Create the CloudReports.jar file using the steps given in the readme file.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 2:51 PM, san <santo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Same here didnt find any CloudReports.jar file

verma_...@yahoo.com

May 11, 2012, 6:14:47 AM5/11/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
how to open Readme.md file in windows

 Thanks & Regards,

AMANDEEP VERMA
Asst. Professor (IT)
U.I.E.T,
Panjab University, Chandigarh

May 11, 2012, 6:18:30 AM5/11/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
please open the README.md file using wordpad.

wangzongjiangmicro

May 11, 2012, 6:21:07 AM5/11/12
to cloudsim
just use a txt editor(such as notepad,ultraeditor)

2012-05-11

wangzongjiangmicro

May 12, 2012, 3:36:43 AM5/12/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hello group,
i downloaded cloud reports from the github page given in the link and installed Maven to build the jar file. but once i run the commandsgiven in readme file in cmd i get error and jar file cannot be created.
so how do i get the jar file to run cloudreports?
also how can i use cloudreports in eclipse?

Thanks nd Regards
K S Manjunath

Alessandro Leite

May 12, 2012, 9:31:13 AM5/12/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
What are the errors?
--
"Não há homem livre, salvo aquele que estuda" [Talmud, Tratado Pirkei Avot (Ética dos Pais)]

manjunath k s

May 13, 2012, 3:13:22 AM5/13/12
to cloudsim
hello group,
to run cloudreports you need to do the following things.
1. you need maven
i have changed the name of the downloaded zip file to cloudreports
after extracting it.

2. u need to create jar file. to do so this is the command
jar cvf cloudreports.jar bin maven-repo src
here bin maven-repo and src are the subfolders of the cloudreports
folder
this will create the jar file for cloudreports

3. run the maven commands given in the readme file.

mvn clean package
mvn clean package jar:jar

4. then after the build is success run the jar file with the following
command in command prompt
java -jar target/CloudReports.jar

this should run the cloudreports.

regards
K S Manjunath

san

May 14, 2012, 1:30:25 AM5/14/12
to cloudsim
i created a project folder called "test"
in cmd prompt i changed directory to "test" and executed the command
"mvn clean package" it gives error as "mvn is not recognised as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file".
what to do??

On May 11, 2:36 pm, Kannan Govindarajan <kannan.grid...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> you just unzip the file and just follow the read me file in the unzipped
> folder.
>
> Create the CloudReports.jar file using the steps given in the readme file.

manjunath kadaba sathyanathan

May 14, 2012, 1:48:25 AM5/14/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi,
i believe u have downloaded Apache Maven. if not u download it and then do the following.
if you haven't set the Apache maven in ur environment variable. u need to enter the path of ur apache maven in the variable "path" of system variable.
then u create the jar file as mentioned in the previous post.

regards
K S Manjunath

ajithex

May 14, 2012, 3:38:57 AM5/14/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hey friends,

those who find difficulty in installation of Cloud-report, I have created a step-by-step installation. please click the link below.

Aman Verma

May 18, 2012, 4:25:11 AM5/18/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi
i had downloaded the zip file of cloudreports and extracted it into "E:\BACKUP_E\CloudReport.
This folder contains:bin, src, and maven-repo sub folders.
2. After this i had created the jar file for the same as y had mentioned.
3. Downloaded the apache maven and extracted in to " E:\BACKUP_E\apache-maven-3.0.4-bin\"
4. jdk1.7.0 is also in :"E:\BACKUP_E\jdk1.7.0"
5. After creating jar file and setting the path properly, whenever i run
mvn clean package, itd build failure.

plz tell me what to do now

ajithex

May 18, 2012, 5:21:07 AM5/18/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Visit myblog I wrote the tutorial how to install it.

smhm

Jul 7, 2012, 4:40:48 AM7/7/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
how can we import a CloudSim scenario (java code) in CloudReports, is it possible?
thanks

Abhishek Mittal

Jul 22, 2012, 6:17:36 AM7/22/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Can anybody provide me some documentation for CloudReports?

Alessandro Leite

Jul 22, 2012, 2:35:44 PM7/22/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
What kind of documentation?

Thiago Sá

Jul 23, 2012, 6:11:44 AM7/23/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com

CloudReports' source code is fairly documented. Further information can be found in the project's wiki pages: https://github.com/thiagotts/CloudReports/wiki/_pages

--
Thiago Sá

Abhishek Mittal

Jul 23, 2012, 12:23:30 PM7/23/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
A kind of help document which explains the working of CloudReports. I have many queries regarding that and i m unable to find any solutions for those on the internet. So i need a documentation for it.

Atif

Jul 23, 2012, 10:27:43 PM7/23/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Dear  Rodrigo and Cloud Report team,

I have recently installed Cloudsim and cloud report on netbeans, the interface does launch without any issues, however, when i run a simulation. It runs forever, or
i get a popup message that the simulation has been interrupted.

Also, i am assuming that all the example datacenters in cloudsim should appear in cloudreport interface? is that true; or it has only one example by default.

Please help.

Many thanks
Atif

Thiago Sá

Jul 24, 2012, 6:07:37 AM7/24/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Please take a look at the output screen (either the terminal or the one in the IDE) and tell us what kind of exception the applicaton is throwing. This will give us more details about the problem you are experiencing.

Furthermore, the examples provided by CloudSim are not implemented directly in CloudReports. You should model these environments using the GUI.

Thiago Sá

Atif

Jul 24, 2012, 8:15:08 AM7/24/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Dear Thiago Sá ,

Many Thanks for your response.

Attached is the output from Netbeans IDE.

Earlier, I have even left the simulation to run over night to see if it completes. But, the same popup stays even after 12 hrs, that the simulation is in progress.

I hope the Output will throw some light on the problem.

Atif
output.txt

Thiago Sá

Jul 25, 2012, 6:19:43 AM7/25/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
It seems like CloudReports fails to find the folder where the reports should be saved. This could happen for a couple of reasons. For instance, check if you have write permissions to the application's folder. You can also try to  run the application as administrator and see if the problem persists.

Also, start with a small number of hosts and virtual machines. There are some known bugs related to report generation of very large environments. These bugs are being adressed and will be fixed soon.

--
Thiago Sá

Atif

Jul 25, 2012, 7:31:26 PM7/25/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you cracked it. This time I did choose my IDE to run as administrator and it worked without any problems. The reports do generate without any issues. Its a relief, thank you!

I have one last bit, as you mentioned in your previous response 'very large environments' - I want to consider a scenario of increasing traffic to data center, the traffic is the number of Customer to the Data center.

Is there a limitation of how many Customers I can have to an individual data center. Lets say a 500 customers mapping to data center 1, do I have to create each customer manually.

Atif

Thiago Sá

Jul 26, 2012, 7:10:57 AM7/26/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately all customers will have to be created manually. However, if you increase the number of virtual machines a customer deploys, the traffic will also be increased, since the number of cloudlets created for execution is proportional to the amount of virtual machines deployed.

Notice that this behavior is specific to CloudReports' implementation and you can create extensions or modify the code directcly so the simulation fits your needs.

--
Thiago Sá

Atif

Jul 26, 2012, 12:08:06 PM7/26/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Brilliant! I understand it now!

Cloud reports is a great help!

I will have some requirement analysis for my project and hope things would run smoothly.

Thanks for your valuable support.

Atif

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 27, 2012, 4:40:10 AM7/27/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Atif,
I am in Urgent need of your help. I want to know how did you install Cloud Report on Netbeans. Please let me know the steps and also the procedure to run Cloudreports in Netbeans. I have been trying to do this, since two days and still in vain. I do not prefer Eclipse, for some weird reason I do not find Eclipse appealing. Please help me with the steps to install Cloud reports in Netbeans. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Irfan. D

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 27, 2012, 5:59:59 AM7/27/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Please help me in finding where do we find the actual reports. I installed Cloudreport in Netbeans. After that, how am I supposed to run the CloudSimExamples and check the output/simulation in Cloudreport. Two questions: 1. Do I have to import the examples (CloudSimExamples or any random) to Cloudreport, so as to get the GUI for the simulation?
2. Do I have to just run the Examples, like a normal execution and check the reports/simulation reports (But I do not know where to find the reports). ?
The more I spend time on Cloudreport, the more it gets interesting and tricky. Please help with all the question, my project is on hold, because without this I cannot move further. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Irfan. D

Atif

Jul 27, 2012, 8:10:36 PM7/27/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com

verma_...@yahoo.com

Jul 30, 2012, 4:01:52 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi all
 anybody on cloudsim group,please tell me the step by step installation of Cloud Reports using netbeans.

i m in a big trouble.

 Thanks & Regards,

AMANDEEP VERMA

U.I.E.T,
Panjab University, Chandigarh

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 5:54:17 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi verma
can u do it in Eclipse? Eclipse and netbeans r so same:

verma_...@yahoo.com

Jul 30, 2012, 6:08:20 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks i ll try the same

--- On Mon, 30/7/12, Neda Maleki <nedama...@gmail.com> wrote:

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 6:23:01 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Neda,
Will this work for Netbeans?

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 6:31:27 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi irfan
i have not tested it,but eclipse and netBeans are the same, i wish u can do it plz test it,coz i did it myself with jdeveloper. i think u also can
Regards
Neda

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 6:33:28 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neda,
I am trying to do it. But I am stuck with error now, it says "Package cloudreports.extensions.brokers does not exist" . Why Am I getting this error? Please help.

Regards,
Irfan. D

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 6:38:10 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
plz according to that link tell me where u get error i should see

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 6:49:47 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Neda,
Please find attached file, all the red Highlighted areas are the places where it shows the errors.

--

New Microsoft Word Document.docx

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 7:03:26 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Neda,
Also I do not find any option for Export in Netbeans. How do I go further?

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 7:39:36 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
irfan do u have extention folder in :
CloudReports\target\cloudreports\extensions\brokers ?(it is important)
if u have it,it is ok. but u should also make a folder and name it to extension in this direction:
CloudReports\target and put in to it an xml file with classnames name:classnames.xml
plz do it then tell me.

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 7:58:16 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hey Neda,
Can you please tell me from where did you get the Target Folder. I do not have any such folder in my Cloudreport. The contents of my Cloudreport folder are Bin, Maven-rpo and src. How and where did you find the Target folder? Please tell me.

Regards,
Irfan. D

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 8:02:14 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
ohhhh my god,first u shoulg get the cloudReports update(the internet u have,should be fast i think) first,plz do these instructions :

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 8:11:55 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Irfan did u do it?

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 8:35:05 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
I am doing it. I find in the Library that I have an extension Folder, but I am not able to find the same Extension folder in my HDD.

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 8:47:01 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
1)ok now u have target folder yes? and in it, u have cloudReports folder  that in it, the extension folder exsist that contain brokers folder and broker class file yes?(CloudReports\target\cloudreports\extensions\brokers)
2) after it,u should add src files and jars file to ur project. ok?
3)now in this direction: CloudReports\target\cloudreports like cloudreports make a folder name it extensions(CloudReports\target\extensions)

and in this folder that u created(i mean extensions), create a text file write in it:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <classnames>
<class name="brokers.MyBroker" type="Broker" alias="My broker" filename="MyExtensions.jar" />
</classnames>
and save it ,then change the .txt to xml, ok? now u should see MyBroker in ur policies(in combobox that contain roundrobin)

plz tell me if u have problem

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 9:03:04 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Neda,
I know all of these instructions. I can do these. I downloaded the latest version of Cloudreports twice, but still I cannot see the folder "Target" in it. You can have a look at the Screenshot of my Cloudreport folder. I am sorry for causing inconvenience to you, but you can see that there is no such folder in my Cloudreports folder.

--

Cloudreport.png

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 9:24:07 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
irfan i see cloudReports folder,can u tell me what folders it contains? plz give me snapshop

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 10:07:52 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hey Neda,
Please check attached images. I have attached 2 images which are inside the Cloudreport folder. If you think I am missing something, then I think it should be possible for you to mail me your DOWNLOADED Version of Cloudsim, so that I can have the complete access. I mean what you downloaded, please mail that version of Cloudsim. Thanks in advance again.

Regards,
Irfan. D

--

Cloudreport2.png
Cloudreport3.png

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 10:14:32 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
irfan, plz listen:
u should add cloudreports using wizard in ur IDE(netbeans or else).
u donloaded the cloudsim ok rigth. and u brought it to ur IDE. u also downloaded the cloudRepoers and plz bring it to ur IDE. the cloudsim and cloudReports dont have related to each. u should can bring cloudReports in to ur IDE and can code in it's files.
ok?

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 10:18:12 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Neda,
That is the main problem, I am not able to install Cloudreport in Netbeans. I asked a lot of people how to proceed, but I still did not get any reply from them. Can you please suggest me how to install Cloudreport in Ndetbeans. Then I can go further with your instructions. Is it fine with you?

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 10:29:01 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Irfan i told u that i didnt work with netbeans, but i can help u with teamviewer,and see ur problem.
is it ok?

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 10:29:58 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Sure. Can you tell me your availability?

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 10:34:14 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
704 845 467
and u plz give me ur user code and password

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 10:35:50 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
883 821 060

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 10:38:15 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
plz tell me password i need it

Irfan Nargund

Jul 30, 2012, 10:38:37 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
--

Oops.. sorry.. 8779

--
Regards,
Irfan. D

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 10:41:57 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
it is bad image i cant see it clear u should wait

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 10:45:53 AM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
plz tell me the direction of cloudsim u have put in ur pc and its installed direction,
also the same cloudReports directions

Neda Maleki

Jul 30, 2012, 1:33:55 PM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi irfan
i fixed ur error in netbeans,also the copy of target folder and the seeting was required,now u can see the mybroker in cloudreports GUI. but coz of connection cutting,the whole folder of target that was 74MB,just 50MB was copied, u can get it from me using teamviewer transfer file.
Regards
NEDA

Irfan Ahmed

Jul 30, 2012, 4:37:19 PM7/30/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Neda. You have helped me so much with your precious time. You can let me know when, I will give you my Team viewer ID, and you can send the rest of the file. Thanks again.

Regards,
Irfan. D

zbenta

Sep 3, 2012, 5:27:45 PM9/3/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Rodrigo and everyone,

Can anyone give me some advice on howto create my own cloudlet scheduler?
I've followed the tutorial on github regarding the creation of costum brokers and everything went smoothly.
I tried to replicate the same for the loudlet scheduler but get an error while trying to run Cloudreports stating that it stoped working due to an error with my shceduler.

Atif

Sep 13, 2012, 11:46:23 AM9/13/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thiago Sá,

Hope you are well...

Just a quick question, I have created my scenario and run the simulation.

I have 2 customers and 4 providers all on a single scheduling Round Robin policy.

However, in the log report I notice some of the Cloudlets are InExecution and the simulation is successfully completed.

Can you please let me know, if I am doing something wrong in the configuration?

Output of customer2
714
Success
2
4
62
11961.2
12023.2
715
InExec
3
1
-11991.75
11990.75
-1
716
InExec
3
5
-11991.75
11990.75
-1
717
InExec
2
0
-11994.2
11993.2
-1

========== OUTPUT of Customer4 ==========
Cloudlet ID
STATUS
Resource ID
VM ID
Time
Start Time
Finish Time
0
Success
2
0
0.14
4.4
4.54
1
Success
3
1
0.07
4.35
4.42
2
Success
4
2
0.05
4.3
4.35
3
Success
5
3
12.59
5.1
17.69
50
InExec
4
2
-5.75
4.75
-1
51
InExec
3
1
-5.92
4.92
-1
4
InExec
2
4
-6.1
5.1
-1
52
InExec
2
0
-6.14
5.14
-1
53
InExec
5
3
-20.69
19.69
-1

Appreciate your continuous support.

Many thanks in advance.

Atif

2012/7/23 Atif <atif...@gmail.com>
[...]

Thiago Sá

Sep 13, 2012, 8:19:30 PM9/13/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Atif,

Unfortunately the explanation for this behavior is not simple due to the fact that it can be caused by several reasons. All I can do is give you some tips I believe are worth trying:

1. Examine how your cloudlet scheduler is working and make sure it is sending all cloudlets correctly.
2. Check if the "time to simulate" setting on CloudReports is stopping the simulation before these cloudlets are completely executed.

A non-related tip: this thread is already too long and has many different questions in it. If you have any other question, try creating a new one.

Regards,

Thiago Sá

2012/9/13 Atif <atif...@gmail.com>

Soumen Santra

Sep 14, 2012, 3:11:49 PM9/14/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi,
I have 2 confusions in cloud report.
 i)why cloudlet 0 to 50 directly use in spme perspect?
 ii)How we chose the IDE as administrator?

Thanx if any one give me these answers...

Sahar

Nov 6, 2012, 2:52:20 AM11/6/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
 I tried to install the cloudreport in NetBeans several time based on the exist instruction in this page, but unfortunately I cant success :( . Since I have not enough time please help me for installing the cloud report in netBeans.
Untill now , I have downloaded the Maven 3.0.4 but I am not sure installed it correctly. could you please explain from the install Maven until install cloudreport .

Thanks.

Neda Maleki

Nov 6, 2012, 10:52:36 AM11/6/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi sahar
go to github link and download the new version of cloudreports. u wont need maven any more coz the files are compiled and ready to use. so go to bin folder --- dist folder and execute the cloudreports.jar file
good luck
Neda

Knowledge seeker

Nov 11, 2012, 11:34:09 PM11/11/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

I am currently working on CloudReports and wanting to develop extension for a broker called My Broker. I have followed the instructions available on the link you have provided. The problem I am having is I get an error when I run the simulation. It says "Error loading "My broker" broker

Can you give me some hints on how this error can be resolved?? Also, I want to simulate scenarios to pick on the power consumption, its a research I am working on so, what is the extension required to include the power consumption results in a simulation???

Your help is highly appreciated

Regards

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:39 AM, dharmendra chouhan <dharm...@gmail.com> wrote:
How to install CloudSim  GUI in windows because i am working with windows with eclipse IDE.
Kindly let me know the steps.

Thanks and Regards
Dharma

AWADHESHWARI

Feb 26, 2013, 2:41:09 AM2/26/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,
Is there any pdf available for cloudReports like we have for cloud analyst and cloudsim that can help in understanding it.It will be helpful if there are some already simulated examples with defined scenario and configuration as i am unable to analyse log report generated by cloud report. my problem are listed below:
1. Why it is giving cloudlet id 50 after 1 in output of custemer1 (default configuration).
2. As i am working in netbeans how can i use broker extention feature, as i want to add my own broker policy, and vmallocation policy.
    Steps given here are for eclips and it's different as i am not getting "new jar "option in file->export.
3.Used configuration:
   datacenter- 2
   host- 1 in each datacenter
   customer-2
   vms- customer1 - 3 vm
           customer2- 2 vm
When i run simulation with this configuration 2 vms of customer 1 and 2 get created at datacenter 1 and 2 respectively but 3rd vm of customer 1 who tried to creat vm at datacenter1 get's failed.
Even if datacenter 1 have capacity to creat vm but also it is not created , why is this happening?
 Thanks in advance.

jyothsna sundaragiri

Feb 26, 2013, 3:01:58 AM2/26/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
thank you for somuch information

--

---

Tanya

Mar 10, 2013, 8:06:25 AM3/10/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi,
I have a confusions in cloud report.
 why cloudlet 0 to 50 directly use in broker policy

Rachana Oza

Mar 10, 2013, 12:21:01 PM3/10/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hii Tanya,
Can you help me to add new policy in cloud sim.
I have created new package and new class inside that.
But then also how to write code i m not getting.
one more thing what is the use of super word?

Nizomiddin UZB

May 21, 2013, 7:14:15 AM5/21/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rodrigo!
 Why simulation is not finishing ? I gave simulation time but it was useless.

Regards!

munwar

May 27, 2013, 11:28:21 PM5/27/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Same problem with me..How to solve this isse?

munwar

May 28, 2013, 3:47:49 AM5/28/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi every body,

I am already installed CloudSim with eclipse and now trying to install CloudReports. I have download cloudreport and maven-apache. I am trying to generate jar file but when i write mvn clean it starts process but i get errors. What i think the .pom file cloud not downloaded. Can any body help me. Why this problem comes and how to overcome it. Again and again i am getting "connection reset" message. I also attache cmd image for more information.

thanks in advance..

Regards
Munwar
cmd.png

Alessandro Leite

May 28, 2013, 7:31:44 AM5/28/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
The maven-fat-jar-plugin's repository it offline. In this case, we can replace the maven-fat-plugin by the maven-assembly-plugin.

I am sending you a new pom.xml with the fixes.
pom.xml

S.J.Hosseini

Jun 12, 2013, 12:04:08 PM6/12/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi
how can simulate my special provisioning algorithm in cloud report?
how can integrate between cloudsim and cloud report?
thanks o lot.
> --
>
> ---

*With Best Regards*
*Seyed Jamal Hosseini*
Information Technology Center,
University of Mazandaran,
Babolsar, Iran
Email: jhos...@gmail.com, jhos...@umz.ac.ir
Fax: +98-112-5242054
Tel: +98-112-5342884

S.J.Hosseini

Jun 15, 2013, 3:24:47 AM6/15/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
anybody can help me?

Thiago Sá

Jun 15, 2013, 1:30:17 PM6/15/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please refer to https://github.com/thiagotts/CloudReports/wiki/Developing-extensions for basic information about extending CloudReports. You need to understand the principles first and then decide which way fits best the algorithms you need to simulate.

Thiago Sá

Melissa Tehrani

Jul 9, 2013, 8:40:33 AM7/9/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com

Jamal Azizbeigi

Jul 9, 2013, 12:57:00 PM7/9/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melissa,
Do you install this method on cloudsim?

Srichandan Nayak

Jul 10, 2013, 12:15:56 AM7/10/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
thnx but can you give some idea to implement security algorithms in cloud
--
WIth Regards
Srichandan Sobhanayak

Chandni Vaghasia

Aug 30, 2013, 4:34:17 AM8/30/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello sir,

i want to ask one question.  how this CloudReport simulator is diffrent than the cloud simulator??

yamini

Sep 1, 2013, 11:45:28 PM9/1/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Sir,
 can you tell me how to download the cloudreports to install into my system

Mohamad Hamze

Sep 17, 2013, 9:41:18 AM9/17/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi yamini

you can download at this page https://github.com/thiagotts/CloudReports
you can click on "Download ZIP" on the right side of the page.

Regards,Mohamad

zahra...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2013, 1:05:27 AM10/14/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi I have Problem with downloading  cloudreport it seems the link has problem could anyone give a workable link?

zahra...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2013, 1:08:32 AM10/14/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com, nedama...@gmail.com
I have problem with downloading cloudreport, it seems the link  has problem, could anyone give me a workable link?

kumughato chophy

Oct 25, 2013, 1:56:04 AM10/25/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
so can cloudReport be used to implement file operation such as uploading and downloading?

zahra...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2013, 3:13:15 PM11/1/13
to clou...@googlegroups.com
I just Simulate my work with cloud report but Im not sure about the accuracy of the result. is it ok not using cloudsim?
It is loading more messages.