Host Power measurement with VM resizing

Ramakrishnan S

Jan 8, 2018, 7:22:48 AM1/8/18
to CloudSim Plus
Hi,

I am required to use Datacenter that can maintain power consumption of hosts (Linear or any other power models).
But I need VM to resize itself based on its cloutlet processing need. My question is :
a) Is this already available in PowerExample.java? If yes, is there specific configuration that enables this?
    Otherwise am I required to add Power/Utilization history to "examples\autoscaling\VerticalVmCpuScalingExample.java" ?
b) If I am required to change "examples\autoscaling\VerticalVmCpuScalingExample.java" with Utilization history, does this conflict anywhere in the Broker during the selection of VM/Host?

Thanks,
Rama

Manoel Campos

Jan 8, 2018, 4:53:42 PM1/8/18
to clouds...@googlegroups.com
I am required to use Datacenter that can maintain power consumption of hosts (Linear or any other power models).
But I need VM to resize itself based on its cloutlet processing need. My question is :
a) Is this already available in PowerExample.java? If yes, is there specific configuration that enables this?
    Otherwise am I required to add Power/Utilization history to "examples\autoscaling\VerticalVmCpuScalingExample.java" ?
There is no power-aware simuluation example which also uses Vm Scaling. You can create another simulation from the code of the mentioned example to use the Power objects (PowerDatacenter, PowerHostSimple or PowerHostUtilizationHistory and PowerVm).
I have never tried that but there is not special configuration. The PowerExample documention shows what objects you need to make create power-aware simulations. Basically, you just have to add a PowerModel for each PowerHost.

b) If I am required to change "examples\autoscaling\VerticalVmCpuScalingExample.java" with Utilization history, does this conflict anywhere in the Broker during the selection of VM/Host?
Vm selection performed by a broker is agnostic of the type of VMs. It doesn't matter the type of VMs.

Thanks,
Rama

--
http://cloudsimplus.org