VMs migration issue.

Mouheb

May 30, 2020, 6:22:13 PM5/30/20
to CloudSim Plus
Hello everyone,
There is an issue with VMs migrations in CloudSimPlus.  For example,  org.cloudsimplus.examples.migration.MigrationExample1
 works well with small number of VMs , but with a larger number of VMs (more than 152) VmAllocationPolicy fails  to finish the migration of some VMs (method finishMigration in DataCenterSimple class).
Moreover, when I dynamicaly  submit VMs (with submisson delay) the number of fails grows.
I think this problem is caused by  the overlap of many  VMs migrations.
I look for a help to fix this issue, at least a guideline to know how I can proceed.

Sincerely

Message has been deleted

Mouheb

Jun 1, 2020, 7:53:29 AM6/1/20
to CloudSim Plus

Wonderful, the issue is solved in the new version 5.4.

Manoel Campos

Jun 2, 2020, 7:55:20 AM6/2/20
to clouds...@googlegroups.com
Glad you found the fix in the new version.
Please don't forget to give the project a star at GiHub if you haven't already.

Manoel Campos da Silva Filho Software Engineer

Computer Science and Engineering Ph.D. Student at University of Beira Interior (Portugal)

Professor at Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Tocantins (Brazil)

http://manoelcampos.com

 about.me

--
If you received an answer that worked for you, please be kind and reply to let everybody knows it worked.
http://cloudsimplus.org