topology for node xl170, d6515 and c6525 in utah

Junhua Yan

Jan 18, 2022, 11:51:47 AM1/18/22
to cloudlab-users
Hello,

Is it possible to learn the actual topology information for node xl170, d6515 and c6525 in Utah? For example, which nodes are under the same experimental/spine switch.
I am studying the networking behaviors for each pair of nodes under different communication patterns and the topology information will help understand the results.
Thank you!

Best,
Junhua Yan

Leigh Stoller

Jan 18, 2022, 2:16:34 PM1/18/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Is it possible to learn the actual topology information for node xl170, d6515 and c6525 in Utah? For example, which nodes are under the same experimental/spine switch.
> I am studying the networking behaviors for each pair of nodes under different communication patterns and the topology information will help understand the results.

Hi. I will try to pull this info from the DB and get it to you today.

Leigh

Junhua Yan

Jan 18, 2022, 4:58:53 PM1/18/22
to cloudlab-users
Leigh, thank you so much for helping with this!

Leigh Stoller

Jan 18, 2022, 6:13:51 PM1/18/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

Is it possible to learn the actual topology information for node xl170, d6515 and c6525 in Utah? For example, which nodes are under the same experimental/spine switch.
I am studying the networking behaviors for each pair of nodes under different communication patterns and the topology information will help understand the results.

Hi, see the attached image.

Leigh

Junhua Yan

Jan 20, 2022, 11:45:37 AM1/20/22
to cloudlab-users
Thanks for sharing this Leigh,

Are you aware of a way to request nodes under different switches when creating profiles?
I was only able to find setNoInterSwitchLinks() to request nodes under the same switch.

Thanks,
Junhua

Leigh Stoller

Jan 24, 2022, 9:19:09 AM1/24/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> On Jan 20, 2022, at 8:45 AM, Junhua Yan <junh...@cs.unc.edu> wrote:
>
> Are you aware of a way to request nodes under different switches when creating profiles?
> I was only able to find setNoInterSwitchLinks() to request nodes under the same switch.

So for a small experiment you can do something like this:

https://www.cloudlab.us/p/testbed/specific-switches

but there have to be free nodes connected to the switches you
specify in the profile. You can see what nodes are free by looking
at this page:

https://www.cloudlab.us/cluster-status.php?cluster=Utah

Not many nodes free at the moment. Please note that the reservation
system is not much use in a case like this, since you cannot reserve
specific nodes.

Leigh