Does Cloudlab's usage increase near deadlines?

Patrick Hongyu Wang

Jan 6, 2023, 11:40:23 AM1/6/23
to cloudlab-users
To any experienced Cloudlab users, does Cloudlab's usage increase near major conference deadlines (like SIGCOMM)? If so, when does this increase happen, and how many machines would generally be available in a single datacenter? My group is interested in performing a few 100-node experiments near the SIGCOMM deadline, and we're wondering if this would be possible

mma...@wisc.edu

Jan 6, 2023, 9:25:48 PM1/6/23
to cloudlab-users
I think it does, but I don't have concrete numbers for you. It's hard to get 100 nodes in the best of times. My recommendation would be to create a reservation a couple months in advance of the deadline.