Low on storage

Nurlan Nazaraliyev

May 28, 2024, 3:29:49 PMMay 28
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

I have 2 r7525 nodes. But the storage available for use (for each of the nodes) is 16GB (/dev/sda1). Is there any way to extend the storage?

Best,
Nurlan

Leigh Stoller

May 28, 2024, 3:36:37 PMMay 28
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I have 2 r7525 nodes. But the storage available for use (for each of the nodes) is 16GB (/dev/sda1). Is there any way to extend the storage?

Hi. The UBUNTU22-64-STD image has a 64GB root partition. If that is not
enough, take a look at the Storage chapter of the Cloudlab manual. Click
on the Docs button in the upper right of the Web UI.

Leigh

Nurlan Nazaraliyev

May 28, 2024, 7:07:37 PMMay 28
to cloudlab-users
With the command sudo /usr/local/etc/emulab/mkextrafs.pl /dev/, I was able to get 1TB space. But the problem is the root partition is still 16GB and I get no space left on device error.
Is there any way to increase the space of the root partition?

Best,
Nurlan

Mike Hibler

May 28, 2024, 8:35:29 PMMay 28
to 'Nurlan Nazaraliyev' via cloudlab-users
Search for "grow root filesystem" in this google group. There is a script
that will grow the root filesystem but there are caveats.