Question regarding mlnx-sn2410 switch

Rukshani Athapathu

Jan 11, 2023, 7:04:55 PM1/11/23
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

When we add nodes to mlnx-sn2410, do the packets go through some intermediate switch to get to mlnx-sn2410 since the nodes are added dynamically to this switch.

Thanks!

Best,
Rukshani

Mike Hibler

Jan 11, 2023, 7:19:47 PM1/11/23
to 'Rukshani Athapathu' via cloudlab-users
If you are talking about one of the user allocatable switches ("ualloc-*")
then yes, switches and nodes are connected via a Netscout layer 1 switch.
From the manual:

A unique feature of the phase two nodes is the addition of eight
ONIE bootable "user allocatable" switches that can run a variety
of Open Network OSes: six Dell S4048-ONs and two Mellanox MSN2410-BB2Fs.
These switches and all 200 nodes are connected to two NetScout 3903
layer-1 switches, allowing flexible combinations of nodes and switches
in an experiment.
> --
> cloudlab-users/145ffc73-a68f-4bca-8065-de08ac649f68n%40googlegroups.com.

Rukshani Athapathu

Jan 11, 2023, 11:38:55 PM1/11/23
to cloudlab-users
Thanks for the clarification.