Failed to start The Emulab publish/subscribe daemon

Chathura Niroshan

May 19, 2024, 12:49:15 AMMay 19
to cloudlab-users
Hi ,

I was running a custom kernel in my experiment and it was working fine even after several reboots.
However, tonight when I rebooted I was not able to connect to the node through ssh and in the console I am seeing the below error.

[  OK  ] Stopped The Emulab publish/subscribe daemon.
         Starting The Emulab publish/subscribe daemon...
         Starting Time & Date Service...
[FAILED] Failed to start The Emulab publish/subscribe daemon.
See 'systemctl status pubsubd.service' for details.
[  OK  ] Started Time & Date Service.
[  OK  ] Finished Wait until snapd is fully seeded.
[  OK  ] Reached target Multi-User System.
[  OK  ] Reached target Graphical Interface.
         Starting Record Runlevel Change in UTMP...
[  OK  ] Stopped The Emulab publish/subscribe daemon.
         Starting The Emulab publish/subscribe daemon...
[FAILED] Failed to start The Emulab publish/subscribe daemon.
See 'systemctl status pubsubd.service' for details.
[  OK  ] Finished Record Runlevel Change in UTMP.

I switched the kernel back to the default kernel that comes with Ubuntu 22.04 and the issue is still there.
I noticed that none of the network interfaces are up and the node is not connected to the internet.
Could you please help to resolve this issue?

Best regards,
Chathura

Leigh Stoller

May 20, 2024, 8:41:39 AMMay 20
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Experiment link: https://www.cloudlab.us/status.php?uuid=5dfa7928-138c-11ef-9f39-e4434b2381fc#
>
> I was running a custom kernel in my experiment and it was working fine even after several reboots.
> However, tonight when I rebooted I was not able to connect to the node through ssh and in the console I am seeing the below error.

Hi. This experiment has expired. If it happens again, please let us know
so we can look at it while it is running.

Thanks
Leigh