NVIDIA GPU isn't showing in `lspci | grep NVIDIA` on a d7525 node

tany...@gmail.com

May 21, 2024, 12:03:26 PMMay 21
to cloudlab-users
Hello,

One machines looks healthy and `lspci | grep NVIDIA` shows the GPU, but the other (d7525-10s10319) shows no NVIDIA GPU when I do the same command.

Could you please help with this issue?

Best Regards,
Yue

Leigh Stoller

May 21, 2024, 12:06:01 PMMay 21
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> My experiment link: https://www.cloudlab.us/status.php?uuid=e1b7c6c2-1787-11ef-9f39-e4434b2381fc
>
> One machines looks healthy and `lspci | grep NVIDIA` shows the GPU, but the other (d7525-10s10319) shows no NVIDIA GPU when I do the same command.
>
> Could you please help with this issue?

Hi. The first thing to try is power cycling the node; click on the node
in the topology diagram, and select Power Cycle. These nodes take a while
to boot, so check back in about 10 minutes.

If that does not work, let us know.

Thanks
Leigh

tany...@gmail.com

May 21, 2024, 6:37:32 PMMay 21
to cloudlab-users
Hi Leigh,

Thank you.

I tried power cycling the machine but `lspci | grep NVIDIA` still does not show the GPU.

Leigh Stoller

May 21, 2024, 6:59:35 PMMay 21
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Hi Leigh,
>
> Thank you.
>
> I tried power cycling the machine but `lspci | grep NVIDIA` still does not show the GPU.

OK, thanks. We will get someone down to the data center to look, but
probably will not be till tomorrow. Sorry about that.

Leigh

tany...@gmail.com

May 22, 2024, 3:49:13 PMMay 22
to cloudlab-users
Hi Leigh,

Just want to check in on this.

Leigh Stoller

May 22, 2024, 4:35:32 PMMay 22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Hi Leigh,
>
> Just want to check in on this.

Hi. Sorry, but we are going to have to take that node out of
service for diagnostics. Not sure how long before it gets
fixed.

Leigh

tany...@gmail.com

May 22, 2024, 5:10:30 PMMay 22