SliverStart: Failed to set up experimental networks

Muhammed Uluyol

Jan 2, 2022, 1:14:41 PM1/2/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a topology with all nodes connected to each other via a LAN, and a bunch of xl170 nodes additionally connected to each over a user-allocatable switch (so the xl170 nodes are connected to two experimental networks).

When I try to start this up I get this message "Experiment setup on the Cloudlab Utah cluster failed: SliverStart: Failed to set up experimental networks"

The experiment name is uluyol-114214.

Muhammed

Mike Hibler

Jan 2, 2022, 7:58:34 PM1/2/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
For some reason it is trying to create a VLAN that spans both the layer1
switch and the regular layer2 infrastructure switches, as though it didn't
correctly map the right interfaces to the right vlans on the xl170 nodes.

We will have to look into this more tomorrow.
> --
> cloudlab-users/
> CANUEzt2KfqLuaWpRi23c3QF%3DQ%2B-kkWzswPf07uq4pjbrZK51Dw%40mail.gmail.com.

Leigh Stoller

Jan 3, 2022, 12:04:41 PM1/3/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I'm trying to set up a topology with all nodes connected to each other via a LAN, and a bunch of xl170 nodes additionally connected to each over a user-allocatable switch (so the xl170 nodes are connected to two experimental networks).
>
> When I try to start this up I get this message "Experiment setup on the Cloudlab Utah cluster failed: SliverStart: Failed to set up experimental networks”

Hi. We have a bug that you have tripped over. We will try to get
this fixed today, stay tuned for more info.

Thanks
Leigh

Leigh Stoller

Jan 3, 2022, 8:09:01 PM1/3/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

>> When I try to start this up I get this message "Experiment setup on the Cloudlab Utah cluster failed: SliverStart: Failed to set up experimental networks”
>
> Hi. We have a bug that you have tripped over. We will try to get
> this fixed today, stay tuned for more info.

Hi. I almost made it by 5pm! :-)
I installed a fix that should handle this, I tested it on a
similar topology. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Leigh

Muhammed Uluyol

Feb 7, 2022, 10:03:06 AM2/7/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
This is very late but I just wanted to confirm that I was able to construct the topology I wanted. Thanks!