Setting link bw/speed on experiment

Ertza Warraich

Jun 11, 2024, 3:45:58 AM (8 days ago) Jun 11
to cloudlab-users
Hi, I am trying to set the link bw on my experiment based on the previous conversations using "link.bandwidth". In the example profile I found it says the BW is in Kbps, so for 10G link speed I am setting it as:
link.bandwidth = 10000000

Logging into the machines, however, I see using the ethtool that the speed is still at 200G.
If I try to set the speed to 10G inside the VM, I get this error:
# ethtool -s ens3 speed 10000 autoneg on
Cannot advertise speed 10000

I am using d7525 machines, here is my experiment:
https://www.cloudlab.us/status.php?uuid=5d69c5fe-27c4-11ef-9f39-e4434b2381fc

Also, if a node fails to come up, how can I try to make it work again? Thank you.