Problem with vLAN across two data centers.

CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI S

Jun 26, 2024, 2:24:54 AM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I created an experiment with nodes from two from APT and Clemson alongside a vlan for all nodes but once the experiment starts I realize that the clemson nodes can communicate with each other the same as the APT nodes but a Clemson node cannot contact an APT node.

Please can you check what is causing the problem?

I faced this issue yesterday with a similar experiment and thought it was maybe a one time thing but it seems to be an issue. Sometimes the experiment completely fails with a message saying the Stitcher failed to complete.

Thanks

Caleb

Leigh Stoller

Jun 26, 2024, 9:51:59 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I created an experiment with nodes from two from APT and Clemson alongside a vlan for all nodes but once the experiment starts I realize that the clemson nodes can communicate with each other the same as the APT nodes but a Clemson node cannot contact an APT node.
>
> Please can you check what is causing the problem?

Hi. I have asked Clemson to take a look. Links between Utah and Wisconsin
are working, so might be something on the Clemson side.

We will let you know when we hear something.

Leigh

CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI S

Jun 26, 2024, 9:54:45 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Thank  you. Will be waiting for your feedback.

CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI S

Jun 27, 2024, 4:40:06 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I experienced a similar issue between apt and emulab with the following error:

Stitching Failed. Stitching failed due to: Circuit reservation failed at <Aggregate utah3-pg: https://www.emulab.net:12369/protogeni/xmlrpc/am/3.0>

Leigh Stoller

Jun 27, 2024, 8:51:49 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to 'Nurlan Nazaraliyev' via cloudlab-users

> I experienced a similar issue between apt and emulab with the following error:
>
> Stitching Failed. Stitching failed due to: Circuit reservation failed at <Aggregate utah3-pg: https://www.emulab.net:12369/protogeni/xmlrpc/am/3.0>
>
> Experiment link: https://www.cloudlab.us/memlane.php?uuid=f7fa100c-339f-11ef-9f39-e4434b2381fc

Hi. The d820s (and the switch they are attached to) date back to 2012 and do
not support stitching. Try the d430s (I just ran a test between APT and a d430
that worked okay). More info about the various Cloudlab hardware is here:
https://www.cloudlab.us/portal-hardware.php

Leigh
ps: We are still waiting to hear about Clemson stitching

CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI S

Jun 27, 2024, 8:56:39 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Thank you for your feedback Leigh.

Are there any other hardware that do not support stitching? So I can take that into account when creating my reservations.

I don't really know how to get that information from the hardware list you just gave me.

Caleb

Leigh Stoller

Jun 27, 2024, 9:00:59 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Thank you for your feedback Leigh.
>
> Are there any other hardware that do not support stitching? So I can take that into account when creating my reservations.
>
> I don't really know how to get that information from the hardware list you just gave me.

Sorry, didn’t mean to imply that info was available on that page, just wanted to
provide that so you know how old some of the Emulab cluster hardware is. I would
not expect any nodes from that time frame or before to work with stitching.

Leigh

CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI S

Jun 27, 2024, 9:04:07 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Okay thanks.

Caleb