Configuring huge_pages permissions

Florian Suri-Payer

Jul 10, 2024, 11:22:47 AMJul 10
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

I was playing around a bit with a postgres cluster and wanted to try out using huge_pages.
However, it seems like I do not have permissions to change the following file: `proc/sys/vm/nr_hugepages`. Is there a way I can get permission to do so? If not that's fine, just curious.

Best,
Florian

Mike Hibler

Jul 10, 2024, 11:33:02 AMJul 10
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
If you cannot change it as root (using `sudo`), then maybe it is a RO value
and you will have to change the setting at boot time. This would be a Linux
thing and not related to Cloudlab in particular.
> --
> cloudlab-users/f853fc90-cb1b-411f-b710-189e0a9c4b19n%40googlegroups.com.

Message has been deleted

Florian Suri-Payer

Jul 12, 2024, 10:56:54 AMJul 12
to cloudlab-users
Yeah I was unable to using sudo. It just tells me `-bash: nr_hugepages: Permission denied`

Alright, I'll dig a little!