Experiment failing setup

npop...@princeton.edu

Jun 16, 2022, 1:30:04 PM6/16/22
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

I am trying to start an experiment with two nodes where each node has the same (rwcloned) dataset mounted. The experiment keeps failing but I cannot view/don't think I have access to the logs to determine if the failure is due to the underlying profile or not. Can someone help me understand why the experiment keeps failing and what I can do? The most recently failed experiment was named `npopescu-127903` (my username is npopescu). Please let me know if you need any more information!

Thanks,
Natalie

Leigh Stoller

Jun 16, 2022, 1:40:01 PM6/16/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I am trying to start an experiment with two nodes where each node has the same (rwcloned) dataset mounted. The experiment keeps failing but I cannot view/don't think I have access to the logs to determine if the failure is due to the underlying profile or not. Can someone help me understand why the experiment keeps failing and what I can do? The most recently failed experiment was named `npopescu-127903` (my username is npopescu). Please let me know if you need any more information!

Hi, Please send us the link to the status page of the failed experiment.

Thanks
Leigh

Natalie Popescu

Jun 16, 2022, 2:31:26 PM6/16/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

Leigh Stoller

Jun 16, 2022, 3:04:42 PM6/16/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Unfortunately, the person who can figure out what went wrong with this
is on vacation till next Tuesday.

Sorry for the bad news!

Leigh

Natalie Popescu

Jun 16, 2022, 3:48:25 PM6/16/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Ah that's unfortunate, thanks for letting me know!

Natalie

Mike Hibler

Jun 21, 2022, 11:38:04 AM6/21/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
There was some left over state that prevented the proper setup of the
blockstore. I have cleared that up, so you should be able to instantiate now.
> CANCq2SKjgigU%2B89%3D0tA8WqRLqFj6ZegQDhwA%2BMKM5ZkvcS-mqw%40mail.gmail.com.

Natalie Popescu

Jun 22, 2022, 2:50:26 PM6/22/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Great, I've confirmed it works - thanks!

Natalie