Unable to start experiment even with reservation

Peifeng Yu

Dec 6, 2021, 1:02:26 PM12/6/21
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

I have a reservation for 2 r7525, but I'm still not able to start an experiment with it:

*** Resource reservation violation: 2 nodes of type r7525 requested, but only 1 available because of existing resource reservations to other projects.

Experiment: dyninfer (0e53e58b-56bd-11ec-b318-e4434b2381fc)

I already checked other experiments in my project and can't find anything using my reservation.

Could you take a look? Thanks!

Peifeng

Mike Hibler

Dec 6, 2021, 1:41:17 PM12/6/21
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Let me see what is going on.
> --
> cloudlab-users/c057aca9-7a3f-4b85-973b-af7927ace926n%40googlegroups.com.

Mike Hibler

Dec 6, 2021, 1:50:12 PM12/6/21
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
You (GAIA) have two reservations for a total of 4 nodes and 3 are currently
in use in three existing experiments. So you only have one more available.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cloudlab-users/20211206184114.GO54825%40flux.utah.edu.

Peifeng Yu

Dec 6, 2021, 2:01:38 PM12/6/21
to cloudlab-users
Got it. I was misled by the number in the reservation dashboard. It shows the usage is 0, so I thought no other experiments are using this reservation.

Btw, could you also take a look at the experiment f9b2b21b-4922-11e9-897b-e4434b2381fc? It has been expired for a long time but is never terminated. We thought it will disappear after some time but apparently, it doesn't.

Thanks