How to use rdma_cm when Link Layer is Infiniband?

Hzs

May 26, 2022, 1:26:45 PM5/26/22
to cloudlab-users
I'm running a project that uses rdma_cm to build connections, but I have tried different machines (including c6220, r320), it seems that rdma_cm can't work under the Link Layer is Infiniband Protocol?
My kernel version is 4.11.0 and my OFED version is 4.1-1.0.2.0, and my OS image is ubuntu16.04 STD.
I have tried "ib_write_bw," it can work. But when I tried "ib_write_bw -R", it just show that "Received 10 times ADDR_ERROR". And I have tried when the RDMA Link Layer is Ethernet, my project can run rightly.
Does anyone has a idea what should I do to make the rdma_cm work under Infiniband?
Thanks!

Hzs

May 27, 2022, 1:09:40 AM5/27/22
to cloudlab-users
OK, I found the problem is that I didn't configure IPoIB for RDMA. Now my project can finally work right.

I use the following commands to set up the IPoIB:
sudo ip link set ib0 up
sudo ip addr add 10.10.10.x/24 dev ib0