Unable to create experiment with a VLAN linking nodes from two different clusters.

CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI S

Jun 3, 2024, 8:43:40 AMJun 3
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I created a profile containing a node from emulab and another from clemson, both linked by a vlan. Each time I try launching an experiment with this setup, it fails without specifying why.

I attempted a similar setup last week with emulab and utah and got similar results.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI
Computer Engineer
Doctorate Student at INRIA

Leigh Stoller

Jun 3, 2024, 8:53:32 AMJun 3
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I created a profile containing a node from emulab and another from clemson, both linked by a vlan. Each time I try launching an experiment with this setup, it fails without specifying why.
>
> Here is link to the experiment I just launched: https://www.cloudlab.us/status.php?uuid=253c38c1-21a6-11ef-9f39-e4434b2381fc

Hi. Give it a try now, a daemon had died.

Thanks
Leigh

CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI S

Jun 3, 2024, 9:16:56 AMJun 3
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
I just launched a new experiment with the same profile but I receive the following error from emulab:

Provision failed on urn:publicid:IDN+emulab.net+authority+cm: No slice here that matches the provided credentials

It took close to 10 minutes for this message to come up.

Leigh Stoller

Jun 3, 2024, 9:35:10 AMJun 3
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I just launched a new experiment with the same profile but I receive the following error from emulab:
>
> Provision failed on urn:publicid:IDN+emulab.net+authority+cm: No slice here that matches the provided credentials
>
> Here's the experiment link: https://www.cloudlab.us/status.php?uuid=2d1519f3-21aa-11ef-9f39-e4434b2381fc

Hi. I am looking at this. Just an FYI, you should not use the -BETA image,
please use the -STD image.

Leigh

CALEB FONYUY-ASHERI S

Jun 3, 2024, 9:36:59 AMJun 3
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Okay thanks

Leigh Stoller

Jun 3, 2024, 11:24:47 AMJun 3
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I just launched a new experiment with the same profile but I receive the following error from emulab:
>
> Provision failed on urn:publicid:IDN+emulab.net+authority+cm: No slice here that matches the provided credentials
>
> Here's the experiment link: https://www.cloudlab.us/status.php?uuid=2d1519f3-21aa-11ef-9f39-e4434b2381fc

Hi. Not entirely sure what happened here, but I encourage you to use this
example profile instead of raw XML so that it is easier to debug problems:
https://www.cloudlab.us/show-profile.php?uuid=49eb5b9f-21b0-11ef-9f39-e4434b2381fc

I just ran a test using the same node types and it worked okay.

Leigh