Disk Quota Full

Armin Vakil

Jun 12, 2022, 2:45:58 PM6/12/22
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

I am trying to instantiate a node in Cloudlab, and since my disk quota is full I cannot allocate a new node to clean up and fix the issue.

I tried to allocate a node in experiment 'configurable-nodes/arminvak-127636' and got the following error:

"You are over your disk quota at the target cluster, probably because of too many saved disk images. Please click on the 'Storage->My Disk Images' above and delete images you no longer need.Over disk quota, please clean up"

I would appreciate it if you could increase the quota so I would be able to clean up the /proj/ directory and fix the issue.

Regards,
Armin

Mike Hibler

Jun 12, 2022, 9:14:03 PM6/12/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
I increased it to 150GB. But it appears in the case of your project that
it is not images taking up space, rather it is lots of application software
particularly in BASE-DIRECTORY.

Note that if you clean up manually, do NOT mess with the subdirectories:

deltas
exp
groups
images
logs
rpms
tarfiles
templates
tiplogs

which are created/used by the Cloudlab software.
> --
> cloudlab-users/7b079603-2b07-444b-bcac-00fd7a636cb4n%40googlegroups.com.

Armin Vakil

Jun 12, 2022, 10:54:10 PM6/12/22
to cloudlab-users
Got it. Thanks for letting me know.

However, I am still not able to instantiate a node in FastVMs project. I still see the same error in "configurable-nodes/arminvak-127646" experiment.
Is there something else that I need to do to resolve this issue?

Thanks again for your help.

Mike Hibler

Jun 13, 2022, 9:16:52 AM6/13/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
I have increased the quota on the correct project this time. Again, it is
not saved images that is the problem there. There is a subdir with about
100GB of data in it from last year. If the contents of that directory are
important and not being actively used, they should be moved off of Cloudlab.

Your mention of "configurable-nodes/arminvak-127646" threw me off as the
problem you mention doesn't appear to have anything to do with that project
or experiment. What do you mean by "I tried to allocate a node in experiment
'configurable-nodes/arminvak-127636'"?
> cloudlab-users/118f2092-fa3e-4ca3-a190-601c1b1a32a5n%40googlegroups.com.

Mike Hibler

Jun 13, 2022, 9:22:23 AM6/13/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
I see my confusion now. I picked an existing experiment with the
"configurable-nodes" profile, but it was the wrong one. I was looking at
a successfully instantiated instance (in a different project) of that
profile. I didn't look at the actual experiment name close enough.
At any rate, the quota problem should be fixed now.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cloudlab-users/20220613131649.GK20154%40flux.utah.edu.

Armin Vakil

Jun 13, 2022, 6:18:37 PM6/13/22
to cloudlab-users
Yes. The problem is fixed now.
Sorry for the confusion. I used same profile in different projects and the name of the projects are also similar :)