Selectively install mlx5 drivers using NVIDIA OFED

Adithya Murugadass

May 8, 2024, 10:36:36 AMMay 8
to cloudlab-users
Hello everyone,
I am trying to run some DPDK applications on the sm110p machine. I faced an issues where traffic from the experiment network seemed to be forwarded into the control network despite the port not being in the allow list of the application (-a flag). I wanted some help in isolating this problem.

Since, in this machine, both the control and the experiment interface NICs are Mellanox ConnectX-6, when I install the new drivers using NVIDIA OFED, both drivers are updated from the default driver to the mlnx5 driver. If the issue is related to the DPDK application, by ensuring that only the experiment network uses the DPDK compatible driver, I will be able to better identify the issue.

If anyone has an idea on how to specifically install mlx5 driver on just the experiment interface NIC, it would be of great help

Thank you