Default login shell resetting

Jae-Won Chung

Jan 14, 2022, 2:58:13 PM1/14/22
to cloudlab-users
Hi!

I usually set my default login shell to /usr/bin/zsh on every node that I have access to. But it seems that periodically the login shell changes to tcsh. This happens even if my login shell is set to bash on my CloudLab profile (bash only because zsh is not on the list). How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks,
Jae-Won

Leigh Stoller

Jan 14, 2022, 4:51:06 PM1/14/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Hi. zsh is not a shell we support which is why it is not in the list.
At the next meeting we will discuss adding it.

Leigh

Jae-Won Chung

Jan 14, 2022, 4:57:13 PM1/14/22
to cloudlab-users
I see. Thanks for considering!

Best,
Jae-Won

Jae-Won Chung

Feb 10, 2022, 4:59:50 PM2/10/22
to cloudlab-users
Hi! I wonder how the discussion went. Will we get zsh support?

Best,
Jae-Won

Leigh Stoller

Feb 11, 2022, 2:15:30 PM2/11/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Hi! I wonder how the discussion went. Will we get zsh support?

Hi, sorry for the delay. Mostly cause I forgot. :-) Note tacked to
my monitor, I will make the changes early next week and let you know.

Thanks
Leigh

Jae-Won Chung

Feb 11, 2022, 2:16:43 PM2/11/22
to cloudlab-users
Haha, got it. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Jae-Won

Leigh Stoller

Feb 14, 2022, 11:28:04 AM2/14/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> On Feb 10, 2022, at 1:59 PM, Jae-Won Chung <jwnc...@umich.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi! I wonder how the discussion went. Will we get zsh support?

Hi, you should now be able to set your shell to zsh on the
Manage Account page. New experiments will get zsh, let us know
if you have any problems.

Thanks
Leigh

Jae-Won Chung