Cloudlab Utah user-managed switches

JasperAH

Jan 19, 2022, 7:46:52 AM1/19/22
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

I noticed that the mlnx-sn2410 and dell-s4048 user-managed switches no longer show up on the resource availability page for Cloudlab Utah. There is also no possibility of reserving the nodes on the reservation page as they are not shown there either. Profiles using the switches either time out (mellanox) or show that none are available (dell).

Since I would like to use one of them -- preferably the dell -- for QoS experiments I was wondering: Are the nodes simply reserved for the foreseeable 6 months or have they been removed from the pool? And do you have an indication when/if they will be back for reservation?

Kind regards,
Jasper

Mike Hibler

Jan 19, 2022, 10:14:56 AM1/19/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Four of the Dell switches got taken out of service during the cluster server
upgrade yesterday, I freed those up. The two mlnx-sn2410 switches appear to
be free and I don't see any reservations for them.
> --
> cloudlab-users/d66f661d-0ba6-44b5-8afa-78994a9e999bn%40googlegroups.com.

JasperAH

Jan 19, 2022, 11:03:11 AM1/19/22
to cloudlab-users
I tried instantiating a new experiment with the dell and two xl170's but it seemed to get stuck in the "provisioning" state at first.
Maybe it took a while for the system to pick up on the dells, because it just switched to booting state. I'll keep an eye on it but I think it works now.

Thanks for the help!

Muhammed Uluyol

Jan 19, 2022, 5:25:51 PM1/19/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Will the user-managed switches come back to resource availability and reservation pages at some point?

Thanks,

Leigh Stoller

Jan 19, 2022, 5:28:20 PM1/19/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Will the user-managed switches come back to resource availability and reservation pages at some point?

Sorry, we did not know they dropped off those pages. We will investigate.

Leigh

Leigh Stoller

Jan 19, 2022, 6:36:36 PM1/19/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com