cannot create profile c6525 machines

Shih-Wei Li

Jun 14, 2022, 11:12:00 PM6/14/22
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

I'm trying to create a profile with c6525 machines. However, I was unable to find the machine type from "Hardware Type" for "Bare-Metal PC" when I tried to create the profile.
Could you please give me some hints on this?

Thank you!

Shih-Wei

Leigh Stoller

Jun 15, 2022, 2:15:48 PM6/15/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I'm trying to create a profile with c6525 machines. However, I was unable to find the machine type from "Hardware Type" for "Bare-Metal PC" when I tried to create the profile.
> Could you please give me some hints on this?

Hi. Please provide a link to the status page of a failed experiment or
to the profile page if you do not have an experiment.

Thanks
Leigh

Shih-Wei Li

Jun 17, 2022, 5:47:26 AM6/17/22
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

Sorry about the confusion. I was trying to create a profile that uses c6525 machines. I was unsure how to do that. I could not find "c6525" from the machine type. Could you please give me some hints on this? Or I wonder if you know if there's an existing profile that uses c6525 that I can use to create my experiments?

Thanks,
Shih-Wei

Leigh Stoller

Jun 17, 2022, 8:17:43 AM6/17/22
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Sorry about the confusion. I was trying to create a profile that uses c6525 machines. I was unsure how to do that. I could not find "c6525" from the machine type. Could you please give me some hints on this? Or I wonder if you know if there's an existing profile that uses c6525 that I can use to create my experiments?

Hi. I see now, you have the wrong node type. In the upper right of the web
UI click on Docs, then on the Manual, and then find the Hardware chapter.
These nodes are at the Utah cluster.

Then to use them, click on the Experiment drop down menu, then “Start
Experiment”. The default profile has a text field where you can paste
in one of the the c6525 node types.

Leigh

Shih-Wei Li

Jun 18, 2022, 4:06:58 AM6/18/22