Identifying info about cluster type?

john.ou...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2023, 2:58:25 PM1/11/23
to cloudlab-users
I'm working on a script that will run on a CloudLab cluster to configure the nodes for my experiment, and the script needs to behave differently based on the cluster type (e.g. xl170 vs. c6525-100g). Is there any identifying information left on a cluster that I could query from the script to find out the cluster type? Or, even better, is there a way that I can specify in my profile that a particular file with given contents should be placed on each node in the cluster?

-John-

Leigh Stoller

Jan 11, 2023, 3:04:18 PM1/11/23
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> I'm working on a script that will run on a CloudLab cluster to configure the nodes for my experiment, and the script needs to behave differently based on the cluster type (e.g. xl170 vs. c6525-100g).

Hi. There is this file on your nodes: /var/emulab/boot/nodetype

> Is there any identifying information left on a cluster that I could query from the script to find out the cluster type? Or, even better, is there a way that I can specify in my profile that a particular file with given contents should be placed on each node in the cluster?

You can use an execute service or you can go as far as a repository based profile.
See these example profiles:

https://www.cloudlab.us/show-profile.php?project=PortalProfiles&profile=os-install-scripts
https://www.cloudlab.us/show-profile.php?project=PortalProfiles&profile=RepoBased

Leigh