failed to set up experimental networks

peter.wa...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2023, 10:01:58 PM1/9/23
to cloudlab-users
Hi admins,
     I do not know why I cannot start experiment using mass nodes and get the following error.
"Experiment setup on the Massachusetts cluster failed: SliverStart: Failed to set up experimental networks"
An example is here
Thank you!

Leigh Stoller

Jan 10, 2023, 11:49:56 AM1/10/23
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Are you still having this problem? The switch that failed looks okay
at the moment.

Thanks
Leigh

peter.wa...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2023, 1:33:33 PM1/10/23
to cloudlab-users
Hi Leigh,
     Thank you for reply!
     Yes, experiment status https://www.cloudlab.us/status.php?uuid=9969a909-9109-11ed-b318-e4434b2381fc

Leigh Stoller

Jan 10, 2023, 1:48:39 PM1/10/23
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
OK, please leave the experiment alone for a little while so we can look.

Thanks

Leigh Stoller

Jan 10, 2023, 2:09:58 PM1/10/23
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> Hi Leigh,
> Thank you for reply!
> Yes, experiment status https://www.cloudlab.us/status.php?uuid=9969a909-9109-11ed-b318-e4434b2381fc

OK, please terminate and restart the experiment. I think I have it fixed.

Leigh

peter.wa...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2023, 4:43:31 PM1/10/23
to cloudlab-users
Thank you, Leigh!
This problem is fixed, but there are some other problems.

1. node24 and node29 are not connected to the lan
2. And for some reason, node0 stalled during my initialization, and now node1 is stuck as well when I run `df`
I think /proj/ path is causing the problem. Can you help me? Thank you!

peter.wa...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2023, 4:44:15 PM1/10/23
to cloudlab-users

Leigh Stoller

Jan 10, 2023, 4:57:58 PM1/10/23
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com

> On Jan 10, 2023, at 1:43 PM, peter.wa...@gmail.com <peter.wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1. node24 and node29 are not connected to the lan
> 2. And for some reason, node0 stalled during my initialization, and now node1 is stuck as well when I run `df`
> I think /proj/ path is causing the problem. Can you help me? Thank you!

Looks like the mass cluster went down (the head node) so nothing is
going to work properly. I will send them email.

Leigh