amd271 is down

Zain Ruan

Jan 25, 2023, 1:08:31 PM1/25/23
to cloudlab-users
Hi Cloudlab staff,

I have 4 nodes in my experiment zainruan-144174. One of them, amd271, is down and cannot be brought up using the "power cycle" option (error msg: Failed to powercycle: Internal error). It's most likely caused by the loose IPMI network cable. Could you kindly help me with it?

Best,
Zain

ajma...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2023, 3:29:14 PM1/25/23
to cloudlab-users
Hi Zain,

I am at the datacenter right now and just took a look at this node.  It wasn't a loose IPMI cable, the whole node had just gone catatonic somehow.  I gave it a hard power cycle, and now IPMI pings again and the node itself is coming back online.  Let me know if you have any further difficulties with this or any other node.

Regards,
 - Aleks