Production use of cloudkit

John Sumsion

Jul 14, 2009, 4:32:10 PM7/14/09
to CloudKit
I'm considering using cloudkit to front some calculated data that gets
updated every once in a while.

There is a large database (j2ee app), of which some subset of records
need certain calculations run on them, and we want to cache the result
of running those calculations and have the cached results get served
up all RESTful-like.

The concern came up:

Is cloudkit production-worthy?

I think that comes down to the following things:

Are there any known vulnerabilities in cloudkit?
Are there any known functional weaknesses in the core of cloudkit?
Has cloudkit seen significant enough use that either of these
kinds of issues would have been exposed?

I'm just wondering who is using cloudkit and for what, and if anyone
has seen anything that would make them not want to use it in
production.

John...