Using cloudkit with MySQL

spanky

Mar 17, 2009, 9:50:26 AM3/17/09
to CloudKit
I've seen instructions and examples with previous versions of Cloudkit
but am unsure how to get the latest version of it working with MySQL.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Trevor

Jon Crosby

Mar 18, 2009, 1:24:39 PM3/18/09
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Trevor,

If you would like to stick with MySQL, stay on the 0.10.1 release for now.

The 0.11.x series drops SQL support but it will likely return very soon. Basically, CloudKit is targeting a key/value style storage system that also does indexing. Tokyo Cabinet Tables are perfect for this but MySQL could also be made to operate in this manner as demonstrated by the DataMapper adapter in Yehuda Katz's moneta project (an abstraction over key/value stores).

My original intent was to use moneta which would have allowed what you are looking for. However, there is no querying abstraction in moneta at this point. Once I get the JSONQuery bits of CloudKit fully spec'd, I'll be able to slice out the abstraction and probably move over to moneta.

-Jon