Adding Location to 201 Response

Seth Ladd

Apr 24, 2009, 3:57:21 AM4/24/09
to CloudKit
Aloha Jon,

Thanks for releasing CloudKit! I see the gears churning in the
collective minds of web developers from what they might accomplish
using a tool such as this.

In playing with the tool, I'd like to ask that CloudKit return a
Location header with the URL for the newly created resource. Any
reason not to do this? HTTP 1.1 asks for a Location header, and seems
easy to add.

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.2.2

If you approve, I'll happily fork and patch.

Thanks,
Seth

Jon Crosby

Apr 24, 2009, 10:10:30 AM4/24/09
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Please do send a patch. I was hesitant initially, thinking that it
would not be possible to know the "real" root of an app mounted using
Rack::URLMap or other mechanisms. These concerns no longer apply, so
the header addition is a good call.

As an added bonus, that will move it closer to full compatibility with
Dojo storage.

-Jon