FYI: Public Sector Cloud Conference (March 19-20) in Reston, Va

Bob Marcus

Mar 12, 2012, 8:05:41 PM3/12/12
to cloud...@googlegroups.com

If you are in the Washington DC area, you will probably want to attend the Public Sector Cloud Conference on March 19-20 at the Hyatt Regency in Reston. This Conference features government Cloud executives (US and international), Public Sector CTOs from leading Cloud vendors, leaders of most Cloud standards groups, and representatives of large industry associations. See the Agenda at

The Conference's goal is to initiate ongoing collaborative activities among the participants to advance Public Sector Cloud Computing in areas such as interoperability standards, data governance, and security. Let me know if you have any questions about the Conference.

Bob Marcus

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM, ruv <ruv...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is very interesting, I'll be in DC next week including meeting with various federal CIO's and presenting at the cloud-counsel's Quarterly meeting. Will you be there?

ruv

On Monday, March 12, 2012 12:45:52 PM UTC-4, Craig Lee wrote:
Ruv, et al.,

Imho, a revitatlized CCIF could help tremendously in NIST's "Priority
Action Plans" (PAPs) to promote cloud standards!

The first volume of NIST's Cloud Computing Technology Roadmap released
last November
(http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/upload/SP_500_293_volumeI-2.pdf)
identified ten "High Priority Requirements", such as metrics, security,
SLAs, federation management, etc., along with "recommended" PAPs for
each requirement.

NIST can't "pick winners in the marketplace" so these PAPs are their
mechanism to facilitate the market to do so.  While NIST has some
high-level recommendations, they are actually looking towards the
marketplace to define the specifics in a set of working groups:
http://collaborate.nist.gov/twiki-cloud-computing/bin/view/CloudComputing/WebHome

If CCIF was "boss of the world" wrt cloud interop, what would it do?

--Craig

-----
Join our Twitter Group at www.twitter.com/cloudforum
Or Our Linkedin Group at http://ruv.net/a/1eo

ruv

Mar 12, 2012, 8:22:08 PM3/12/12
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'll be there. I'll post an overview afterward.

@ruv

Bob Marcus

Mar 12, 2012, 9:24:28 PM3/12/12
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
All Cloud Forum subscribers are invited to attend. Even if you can't make it, any suggestions on how Public Sector Cloud stakeholders (Government, SDOs, vendors, and industry group) could work together for mutual benefit will be valuable. NIST's Priority Action Plans are a first step but there are many other issues that have to be addressed (e.g. legal, regulatory, trust, data governance).

Bob Marcus