Re: Toronto? <-- CloudCamp NYC

Dave Nielsen

Oct 20, 2010, 5:00:37 PM10/20/10
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jack,

CloudCamp NYC on Wall Street is tomorrow evening at 6:30pm. The focus
of the evening is data security and scaling financial apps. You might
find someone for the architect position there.

http://cloudcamp.org/ny

Best,
Dave

On 10/20/10, Jack Cheung <jch...@norgate.com> wrote:
> I have a cloud computing architect in NYC with a financial client. Very
> interesting work with 5 patents pending. Anyone interested. Full time
> role. Anyone with interest email me for more details.
>
> Jack Cheung
> Norgate Technology
> jch...@norgate.com
>
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Sam Charrington <s...@appistry.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually there's one scheduled for next week:
>>
>> http://cloudcamp.org/toronto/2010-10-26
>>
>> Sam
>>
>> On 10/20/10 9:53 AM, "Neil McEvoy" <ne...@mcevoy.biz> wrote:
>>

>> >Hey folks
>> >
>> >Any upcoming plans for a Toronto event? If not I'd like to organize
>> >one.
>> >
>> >I would like to add a twist, a 'venture bootcamp' program, where it's
>> >like a software developer sprint, but the output is a business plan,
>> >to be used for VC fund-raising etc.
>> >
>> >Cheers, Neil.
>> >
>> >--
>> >

>> --
>>

> --
> Jack Cheung
>
> --

Sent from my mobile device

Dave Nielsen
Co-founder, CloudCamp, OpsCamp
Unconference Creator & Facilitator
twitter: http://twitter.com/davenielsen
gtalk: dnielsen; skype: davenielsen
m: 415-531-6674

ne...@mcevoy.biz

Oct 21, 2010, 7:26:57 AM10/21/10
to clou...@googlegroups.com

As I understand it, Toronto has a big finance sector too, so these
presentations would potentially be very relevant here too.

Is there any kind of knowledge base/sharing program such that we might
leverage the work of one another to this end? I would like to get more
involved in promoting Cloud-based finance solutions locally..

Kind regards, Neil.

Dave Nielsen

Oct 21, 2010, 6:05:01 PM10/21/10
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

We post ppt slides to slideshare.net from time to time. I'll be sure to get the slides and post them. Good idea about the knowledge sharing. We're work on a shared wiki for CloudCamps.

Dave

Matthew O'Keefe

Oct 21, 2010, 6:00:53 PM10/21/10
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Actually, CloudCamp NYC is tonight, according to the website.

-Matt