CloudCamp Palestine

Fadl Wahed

Oct 22, 2012, 4:22:59 AM10/22/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I am interested in organizing this event in Palestine .. What are the steps the organization

Thank you

Fadel

Dave Nielsen

Oct 25, 2012, 4:23:08 AM10/25/12
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Great Fadi,

Thank you for reaching out. I'd be happy to jump on a skype or phone call with you to help you figure out next steps.

Thank you for joining the CloudCamp Online Discussion Group.. We'd like to help you make your CloudCamp a success. Here's what we need in order to feel comfortable that you can pull it off:
  • Familiarize yourself w/ Open Spaces Technology
  • Try to get at least one other organizer involved
  • Try to find at least one Basic sponsor right away. (You can offer sponsors a "no sales pitch" Lightning Talk too. You should charge them extra for this. We may be able to help you find them.
  • Find an appropriate venue with breakout rooms for OST
I'd like to have someone who has been involved with a CloudCamp to be at your first event, primarily to help with consistency, but also to facilitate if you need the help. So please work with us on the schedule. After the first time, you can run future CloudCamps yourself. Once you're ready with the time & place, we'll get it on the calendar so we all can start promoting.

Next, we need to build an organizer team to do the following:
  • Location/Facilities person (we always try to find a free location);
  • Marketing person (we usually get about 100-150 people to attend);
  • Sponsorship person (to find local sponsors);
  • Food/Drinks/Entertainment (someone to manage the little things that make a good event etc.);
That's a high level overview of what it takes to get started. Of course there there are hundreds of little details ...  but with a couple of good co-organizers, and our help if you need it, it won't be a problem. To date, we have a 100% success rate! =)

What do you think?  Let me know if you're ready to move forward and we'll set up a CloudCamp Palestine Google Group so we can collaborate further.

Cheers!

Dave

Dave Nielsen
Unconference Creator & Facilitator