Cloud Project

zahbia

Nov 3, 2011, 1:44:11 PM11/3/11
to CloudCamp
Hello to all, i want to do some sort of project in cloud to improve my
skills but i don't know how to start work if any one have idea please
help me. Only i want the starting point so then everything will become
easy,
Thankyou

Dave Nielsen

Nov 3, 2011, 8:53:31 PM11/3/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zahbia,

There's an unlimited # of projects you can do. What kind of project do you want? Build a web app?  Configure an app? Setup a private cloud?

If you want to build an app, what programming language do you use?

Dave

Ravindra Dastikop

Nov 4, 2011, 10:40:02 AM11/4/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello zahbia

Have a look at this

http://dastikop.blogspot.com

U find many cloud computing projects done by my students in last three years

Contact me if need be

Ravindra Dastikop

--
Ravindra Dastikop
Director, Centre for Web 2.0 Enabled Learning ( C-WEL)

Contact:
Phone: 91 836 2447465
Cell : +91 99 808 73 130
Email: ravindra...@gmail.com

Blog
http://dastikop.blogspot.com

Syed Zahbia

Nov 4, 2011, 1:08:46 PM11/4/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dave,
Actually i am using C# language. I have learned much more about cloud computing. I want to develop a learning environment using cloud technologies but i have no idea how to start my work. Please Help me i will be thankful to you

Nadir

Nov 4, 2011, 2:41:43 PM11/4/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Volunteering for a project seems the way to go. Check out
United Nations Online volunteering - http://www.onlinevolunteering.org/en/index.html

Or just search for others.

Nadir.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams-Eleanor Roosevelt

Syed Zahbia

Nov 7, 2011, 11:53:19 AM11/7/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hi there, I have to start my work. I have an complete idea about my project which i want to be cloud based. I am totally unfamiliar to the development of cloud application. Can anyone help me in starting. Now i m student and want to gain some experience before starting my practical life. Please help be
   I will be thankful
Its urgent and very necessary for me
if any one have some kind of data can also share with me
Take Care Bye

Paola García Juarez

Nov 7, 2011, 12:10:16 PM11/7/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello Syed,
First you should decide in which field of CC you would like to work (development, security, networking, etc.). Then we all can suggest you any tool or research to see.

Regards,
Paola
Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Claro.

From: Syed Zahbia <s.za...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:53:19 +0500
Subject: Re: Cloud Project

CloudCamp Dave

Nov 7, 2011, 12:17:46 PM11/7/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
hello Syed,

As Nadir suggested, volunteering for a good cause is a GREAT way to learn something useful. For example, the World Bank sponsored a Water Hackathon to help create innovative solutions to today's global water problems. There are many volunteer efforts like this. Check out http://crisiscommons.org too.

Also, as Paolo suggested, you must be more specific. Otherwise, you are wasting our time b/c it is unlikely that a random suggestion will fit your needs.

Since you said you have C# skills, here are some Azure-related videos I made with Microsoft. Perhaps they will provide some inspiration:
Dave of CloudCamp

Troy Davis

Nov 7, 2011, 12:16:03 PM11/7/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Syed,

The reason you're not getting answers is because your question is too broad. There are many, many ways to create an app in the cloud. I suggest you search google with queries like "building an app for the cloud", "Amazon AWS tutorial", "Azure tutorial" or "wordpress AWS tutorial". It would be better to decide on what platform (Windows / Linux) and what programming languages you are proficient with first, and use those to narrow your searches.

Good Luck!
Troy

Greg DeKoenigsberg

Nov 7, 2011, 1:13:03 PM11/7/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Troy Davis <ethe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Syed,
> The reason you're not getting answers is because your question is too broad.
> There are many, many ways to create an app in the cloud. I suggest you
> search google with queries like "building an app for the cloud", "Amazon AWS
> tutorial", "Azure tutorial" or "wordpress AWS tutorial". It would be better
> to decide on what platform (Windows / Linux) and what programming languages
> you are proficient with first, and use those to narrow your searches.

+1 to this.

Are you talking about:

1. Setting up your own private cloud?
2. Writing an application that manages cloud stuff?
3. Writing an application that runs in a cloud?
4. Writing an application that runs across various clouds?

The best way to learn anything, I've discovered, is to have a
particular problem to solve.

I learned a lot about cloud-y stuff just by running a website on
Drupal using AWS. Free, takes 15 minutes to set up a micro-instance
on EC2. I learned a lot in a hurry. :)

--g

Syed Zahbia

Nov 8, 2011, 3:10:11 AM11/8/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
i have selected development field. I have VS 2010 installed with sdk tool and all requirements are complete using C#. Only help me in starting my work and tell me that is there any difference in development of simple web application and cloud application using same tools

Dave Nielsen

Nov 15, 2011, 7:21:23 PM11/15/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Syed,

You have asked this question too many times. You need to try to create your own app and publish it into the cloud. Here is your final answer:

If you are building a web app to run on Amazon EC2, then there is NOT much difference. BUT ... if you are creating an app on Microsoft Azure, there may be some differences. Either way, go ahead and try it.

If you have any further questions, please post them here and I will continue to help you.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cloudbrite

Good luck!

Dave