3rd Annual Cloudy Awards

Dave Nielsen

Mar 10, 2011, 1:32:48 PM3/10/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com, botcha...@gmail.com
Hello CloudCampers,

John Willis & I have opened up nominations for the 3rd Annual Cloudy
Awards. There are 27 categories. This is a continuation of the Cloudy
Awards John has announced the past two years. This year we are letting
CloudCampers nominate and vote for their favorites. You can see the
first category here:

http://cloudcamp.uservoice.com/forums/106351-best-cloud-analysts

The rest of the categories are on the right hand side. You may vote or
nominate any Cloud Computing person, vendor or idea.

Best Cloud Analysts
Best Cloud Application Providers
Best Cloud Argument
Best Cloud Builders
Best Cloud Evangelists
Best Cloud Executive
Best Cloud Innovation in 2010
Best Cloud New Comers
Best Cloud Philosopher
Best Cloud Presentations
Best Cloud Startup Success Stories
Best Cloud Tweet
Best Configuration Tools in the Cloud
Best David vs. Goliath Cloud Vendor
Best Killer Apps in the Cloud
Best Monitoring Tools in the Clouds
Best New Cloudy Terms
Best Open Source in the Cloud
Best Private Cloud Vendors
Best Security Solutions for the Cloud
Biggest Cloud Disappointment in 2010
Cloud Hero of 2010
Most Influential Cloud Bloggers
Rookie of the Year
Top IaaS
Top PaaS
Top SaaS

Awards will be announced on Tuesday March 15th at SXSW. That is in 5
days. Over 700 people are registered to attend. See
http://cloudcamp.org/austin for more details.

Also, for those of you in Austin or attending SXSW, please join us at
the CloudCamp & App Workshop on Monday. http://cloudcamp.org/workshop

Let me know if you have any questions. I am very excited to be working
with John on this.

Dave

--
Sent from my mobile device

Dave Nielsen
Co-founder, CloudCamp, OpsCamp, BigDataCamp
Unconference Creator & Facilitator
twitter: http://twitter.com/davenielsen
gtalk: dnielsen; skype: davenielsen
m: 415-531-6674

Paola Garcia Juarez

Mar 10, 2011, 2:24:01 PM3/10/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Hello Davi,

Congratulations for the idea!
Just wanted to say that my boss proposed my name as a CC Evangelist but he did it first in the blogger option.. is it any way to delete it (the blogger option)?

hope you are fine! i am still waiting for the date of my master defense.

take care,
Paola

2011/3/10 Dave Nielsen <dnie...@gmail.com>

Ing. Paola Garcia Juarez
(51-1) 987523988
pgarc...@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/pgarciaj
Twitter: pgarciaj13

Siefker, Kayla

Mar 10, 2011, 4:34:52 PM3/10/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com, dnie...@gmail.com, botcha...@gmail.com

I'm trying to nominate CloudSleuth, in the " Best Monitoring Tools in the Clouds" and " Best Killer Apps in the Cloud" categories, but it appears voting is closed. Is this true?

--Kayla

Dave Nielsen

Mar 10, 2011, 6:03:19 PM3/10/11
to Siefker, Kayla, clou...@googlegroups.com, botcha...@gmail.com
Hi Kayla, Best Monitoring Tools was closed for some reason. I opened it up again so go ahead and post it.

Dave

Dave Nielsen

Mar 10, 2011, 6:06:04 PM3/10/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com, Paola Garcia Juarez
Hi Paola aka CloudGirl,

I moved your boss's nomination from the blogger section to the Evangelist category! ;-) If there were an option for Best Cloud Evangelist in South America you would certainly win! ;-)

Dave

Rick Parker

Mar 10, 2011, 1:50:19 PM3/10/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com
Just for fun I will nominate myself for best (private) cloud builder, Hybrid RAID Cloud for Best New Cloudy Term,
and a new category "Not Bad Cloud Evangelist". Google "rick parker" and cloud computing, maybe a small plaque
just for "Most Quantity Cloud Evangelist" quantity of posts. Even my wife and cats or getting tired of cloud stuff

Mar 10, 2011, 6:09:38 PM3/10/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com, Rick Parker
There's been some serious vote gaming it seems...

Dave Nielsen

Mar 10, 2011, 6:36:49 PM3/10/11
to clou...@googlegroups.com, Sebastian Stadil, Rick Parker
Hi Sebastian,

I don't think Rick was serious. Besides, I can see the list of voters. If someone votes suspiciously, we will remove all of there votes

That said, if anyone notices any suspicious behavior, please let me know and I'll do my best to deal with it.

Cheers!
Dave

Siefker, Kayla

Mar 10, 2011, 7:10:12 PM3/10/11