Unable to SSH to Amazon CloudBioLinux Ubuntu 13.04 2013-07-05 (ami-31d59658)

Biju

Mar 18, 2014, 11:16:03 AM3/18/14
to cloudb...@googlegroups.com
I have setup an instance in Amazon EC2 based on "CloudBioLinux Ubuntu 13.04 2013-07-05 (ami-31d59658)". I am not able to SSH into it, tried the following usernames:-
  - ubuntu
  - ec2-user
  - root

BTW I don't think there is any issue with the keypair, as I could SSH to other instances in the EC2 using the same keys.

Can anyone provide me the username that I must use to SSH ?

Thank you

Joseph

Zhuo Song

Mar 18, 2014, 1:08:25 PM3/18/14
to cloudb...@googlegroups.com
Have the same question and I'm runing  CloudBioLinux Ubuntu 13.04 2013-08-28 (ami-9bcb9cf2)
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
sz

Brad Chapman

Mar 18, 2014, 3:33:45 PM3/18/14
to Zhuo Song, cloudb...@googlegroups.com

Joseph and Zhou;
Thanks for using CloudBioLinux and sorry for the issues. There were ssh
problems with the older AMI (2013-07-05) due to bugs in the cloudlaunch
package. The newer AMI (2013-08-28) resolves these and should work with:

ssh ubu...@your-address.amazonaws.com

A couple of things to check:

- Does your security group allow ssh access on port 22?
- What does ssh report if you attempt to connect with ssh -vvv? Does it
provide any clues as to the problem.

Apologies, we're long overdue at rolling a new AMI with the latest
updates and fixes since we've been focusing on improving local builds
and custom flavors. Hope this helps,
Brad